HDMI stuck on Webtop mode. Can't get out of it! help?

blakegreen

Reaction score
So, first post, but I've been looking everywhere for a solution to this issue with no luck.
My phone is stuck in Webtop mode when I connect the HDMI cable. (when not connected to HDMI the phone is excellent) I'm pretty sure I at one point checked the box: "Remember my selection" on webtop mode. And now I can't get out of it. I've connected it to different monitors with different hdmi cables. The monitor that I connect to flashes an image on the screen temporarily and then says "no connection" or something similar - so I can't access webtop to change my hdmi settings. I don't know if I need to replace my phone? factory reset? Is there somewhere that I can change the hdmi settings on my phone without using webtop mode to get to it? I feel stuck and I'd rather not trade mine in for a refurb, but it feels like that's my only option. Any ideas?

Don't know for sure but have you tried a reboot. i.e., hold both power button and volume down button until phone shuts off and then reboots. I believe on the Razr since battery is nonremovale that this is comparable to removing the battery and rebooting on phones with removable batteries to reset those.

have you tried settings>display>HDMI connection ?

and welcome to the forum

I have done a hard reset of the phone several times since the problem started, nothing has changed so far as I am able to tell. And under my display settings the only thing I can do with HDMI is "enable" and adjust the overscan. I can't change what the phone does upon recognizing the hdmi connection. I want it to mirror my phone.

Back