Hello all

Vooks

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC DESIRE 612
name is Vooks, Vooks K.
I just got my first android device Verizon HTC Desire 612. Been a BlckBerry person all through.
My biggest challenge, using a non-Verizon SIM on the phone. I have attached the screen grab of the pop up am getting

The phone is s-off and rooted thanks to Sunshine and KingRoot respectively

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 211

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Hello....welcome to DF! Correct me if I'm wrong but to use a non-Verizon Sim wouldn't you need to have the phone unlocked??

sent from my fabulous Note 4♡

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Welcome to the forum.. congrats on the new phone.. I'm not familiar with the phone.. but double check that under mobile networks you have it set to global... also from a quick read do you have a set up wizard or something similar for app? if so try to freeze it with app such as titanium backup

Tapped by NexusSix

OP
V

Vooks

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC DESIRE 612

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to DroidForums Vooks. I too am unfamiliar with your new phone. It does seem that Verizon does a good job making it very difficult using their phones with another carrier. I went through the same thing trying to get a Verizon Note2 to work with another carrier's SIM for my brother even though he was assured it would work. Although, I have yet to query the resources here to see if there was a solution. Start with bkdodger's suggestions and maybe there will be success. Keep us posted.

sent from my Note3 (soon to be??) using tapatalk

OP
V

Vooks

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC DESIRE 612
Welcome to the forum.. congrats on the new phone.. I'm not familiar with the phone.. but double check that under mobile networks you have it set to global... also from a quick read do you have a set up wizard or something similar for app? if so try to freeze it with app such as titanium backup

Tapped by NexusSix
Hi bkdodger,
I removed the setup wizard using App Master but am still getting the error.

Where do I set to global? Which part of the settings?

Thank you

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Go to the phone settings menu. Select "network" or "more networks" then "mobile data" then "network mode"

OP
V

Vooks

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC DESIRE 612
Go to the phone settings menu. Select "network" or "more networks" then "mobile data" then "network mode"

Hi @TisMyDroid,
I just did that and this is what I have. Am using a SIM card from Orange Kenya and I think 63907 is a code for this carrier.

Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 185

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
It seems that Sims out of the US are much more possible with Verizon than US carrier Sims, especially on a global phone. There are others on this site that are very familiar and successful with doing so. You could also try going to that sim's carrier. They may have the solution.

OP
V

Vooks

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC DESIRE 612
That's a great idea. Let me visit one and hear what they have to say. Will keep you posted. Thank you all

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Hope they have the secret solution. If not, come back here and we can continue to troubleshoot.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Congrats and welcome to the Forum @Vooks. On Android for a few days and rooted.. That's awesome.. Continue to enjoy our site and good luck with your new toy.

OP
V

Vooks

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC DESIRE 612
Visited my SIM carrier and they are totally clueless. The best they could do was to change my SIM card. The error is still here

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 177

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Drats! Ok, we will have to troubleshoot from here. It could be making sure you have the right code for your carrier and the network. I'm working right now but will be done in 3 hours. Then I will try to seek out who I knew to be the expert on these things. I think it was bsweetness. Stay tuned Vooks. In the meantime others may have some ideas.