Help... My apps launch button is gone....

ScoobyBlue

Reaction score
Don't laugh too hard. My DroidX updated to the latest version last night and now the button I would use to launch my apps is gone. I can go in to Manage Apps but can't open them from there. Only way to get to the app I wanted was to create a shortcut to it. I want to be able to see my app list and hit it go. Where did they hide it in the new version?

Beka27

Reaction score
When I first upgraded, it was automatically moved to the far right of the dock bar. Did you look there?

I'm on GO launcher, but going thru settings, can you select what you want the home key to do. On "Go" there's an option that one press takes you to Homescreen, a second press takes you to the app drawer.

OP
S

ScoobyBlue

Reaction score
Maybe it's my view that's whacked. When I hit the button in the lower right corner, I can see google search, manage apps and my 2 email accounts. When I hit the options I can do a search and type in the app I want and it loads. I want to be able to view the entire list and launch from the list like I use to. Does that make sense? I appreciate your help! I'm pretty new to Android and now it's just changed on me again. :>) yes, I'm a rookie.

cece5702

Reaction score
I use Go Launcher too and I love it. It has really nice features. It's constantly improving with updates and I like that. It seems to run faster than the Home Launcher to me.
When I first upgraded, it was automatically moved to the far right of the dock bar. Did you look there?

I'm on GO launcher, but going thru settings, can you select what you want the home key to do. On "Go" there's an option that one press takes you to Homescreen, a second press takes you to the app drawer.

Beka27

Reaction score
I use Go Launcher too and I love it. It has really nice features. It's constantly improving with updates and I like that. It seems to run faster than the Home Launcher to me.

Absolutely! I used to use Launcher Pro Plus but it was getting screwy and kept force closing. My brother recommended Go and it's been nearly flawless for months. Not bad for a FREE launcher!

I used the stock launcher for about 5 minutes until I remembered how badly it sucks, then installed my back-up of Go. Lol :)

For the OP, what options do you have under settings? I'm not on the stock launcher, so maybe someone who is can walk you thru the settings.

OP
S

ScoobyBlue

Reaction score
I'm sorry guys. I'm a rookie. I don't understand what this means.

OP
S

ScoobyBlue

Reaction score
Please don't give up on me. When I go to the button to the right of Text, what should I see? Can I access the apps list from there and launch? Now that I have accessed one app it's showing cause it's recent.

Beka27

Reaction score
Have you tried long pressing on one of the dock icons and seeing if you have the option to change the activity?

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
ah your group view for the new launcher changed to only show recent apps

top left in that screen should be a square inside a rounded square where you can change the group view back to all

does this fix it for you?

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
sorry under recent view top left should be a little clock rather than the square

OP
S

ScoobyBlue

Reaction score
I have an option to add to dock and I can see all my apps.

OP
S

ScoobyBlue

Reaction score
sorry under recent view top left should be a little clock rather than the square
On the middle I have a round circle with an L in it. There is a little arrow pointing down under it. Beside it, its says Recent. When I press either of thes I get a window that says Add to Home. Only other button is one that takes me to the market on that middle row.