Help, Please!!!

debdado

Reaction score
I followed this link, but didn't know enough to do each step separately, with a reboot. I am bricked now. Please help. Thanks. I want to save this phone.:heart:

TBH Patches: 2.3.340-System, Baseband, 2.3.340-Kernel, Bootloader
This is a series of files that will help you update different parts of your phone. These files have all been tested on Consumer phones and have worked successfully, but as with all things hacking, you are responsible for your own phone and behavior.

******** DO NOT USE ANY OF THE BELOW FILES IF YOU HAVE NOT UPDATED YOUR PHONE BEYOND 2.3.15, THESE FILES WILL NOT CREATE A FULL UPDATE FOR YOU, YOU WILL BE STUCK IN BOOTLOADER AND NEED TO USE A SBF FILE IF YOU DO ********

Install instructions for each of the files below.

1) Download
2) Restart phone with bootstap recovery
3) Select install update.zip and then select the zip you downloaded
4) Resart the phone

*** When performing the baseband update you will need to reactive using *228 ***

MBM 30.04 Updater (also known as the bootloader)

This file can be used to update your phones bootloader from any version to the current 30.04 version. Although the current files 2.3.340 and 2.3.320 both worth with 30.03 and 30.04 this will provide you with the most current MBM.

Download file

2.3.340 Kernel Updater (2.6.32.9-g55626e1)

While the 2.3.320 kernel released by us will work with either the 2.3.320 or the 2.3.340 build, If you desire to have the most current build then download and install this file.

Download file

BP_C_1.09.07P Baseband Updater (also known as your radio file)

Some people have found it difficult to move from the 1.09.06P baseband or have refused official Verizon updates. This file will upgrade your phones radio file to the newest 1.09.07P Baseband.

Download file

2.3.340 System Updater <This file functions the same as the system only SBF file>

This file will update your phone to 2.3.340, you may want to wipe your data partition before proceeding as it can lead to a bootloop. With this file and the others above, you can completely upgrade your phone from .320 to .340 with no need for a computer.

Download file
Last edited by p3droid; 12-20-2010 at 03:53 PM.

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
******** DO NOT USE ANY OF THE BELOW FILES IF YOU HAVE NOT UPDATED YOUR PHONE BEYOND 2.3.15, THESE FILES WILL NOT CREATE A FULL UPDATE FOR YOU, YOU WILL BE STUCK IN BOOTLOADER AND NEED TO USE A SBF FILE IF YOU DO ********

It is very hard to "brick" an android phone. You most likely are just bootlooping.

here is an example of a fix:

Droid X: 2.3.32 Full SBF

look up what sbf's are. and then find the according one. someone with an x with fill in after me.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Define bricked. :)

Bootlooping? Stuck at the bootloader? Rebooting into recovery every time? Won't power on?

What model phone do you have? Because your stats say Droid and your talking about D2 or DX files.

OP
D

debdado

Reaction score
I have a Droid X. My phone is stuck on a screen that says:

Bootloader
Err:A5,70,00,00,23

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

I have tried using RSD lite 4.8. RSD lite recognizes the phone. I have tried flashing two .sbf files, but they failed.
VZR_MB810_2.3.15_1FF_01.sbf
VZW_A855_ESD56_QSC6085BP_C_01[1].3E.01P_SW_UPDATE_03.sbf

Please advise. Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
D

debdado

Reaction score
I was at 2.3.15. I was rooted and running Simply Stunning ROM.I think that answers your question. If not, let me know

OP
D

debdado

Reaction score
I have a Mac with VMWare, so I go to Windows 7 to do the RSD lite work. I sometimes wonder if that is a problem. Also, my phone is now sometimes flashing a low battery message even though it remains connected to a power source. Please help. I love this phone.

OP
D

debdado

Reaction score
No I did not. I went directly to the 2.3.34. What can I do to fix this?

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
That's the problem. That step was in the instructions and is mandatory. As such, a 2.3.320 full SBF might just keep your phone from paperweight status.

TBH Patches: 2.3.340-System, Baseband, 2.3.340-Kernel, Bootloader

Make sure you're following those instructions after you flash the .320 SBF so you don't have any further problems. :)

OP
D

debdado

Reaction score
The 2.3.30 did not flash on RSD. I got the following response with the RSD and "Happy Holidays," Phone waiting for re-enumeration: failed. Do I have a paperweight???

OP
D

debdado

Reaction score
Can we converse about this issue? I need answers and you may have them. I need to have a functioning phone soon. I can not afford to be without my droid x. Thanks

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I asked about USB 2.0 because a lack of those is the number one cause of the failure you indicated. Number two is failure to run RSD Lite as an administrator, but I'd assumed you'd done that already because it's rare that RSD Lite will start without Admin access.

I'm trying to find something for you or someone with more experience with the X than I have to help you out. Give me a few minutes.