HELP! Will I Lose my Unlimited if...?

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
My current fone, Droid 4 on unlimited, is basically becoming a paper weight day in and day out. I'm planning to use my friend's HtC rezound as I will open the droid 4 and see if I can fix the problems on the fone. If I do this, my unlimited should still be intact right? And if I do fix my droid 4, can I just switch back to it from the rezound immediately and still have my unlimited?

Also, where will I activate it? Online or at store? Will they be free of charge as well?

Thanks!

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
You will only lose unlimited if you upgrade your phone. Changing phones on the line will not affect unlimited. As far as switching, go into a store and tell them that you want to put the Rezound on your line. They should be able to transfer contacts, etc. All previous line info, text data will be with the Rezound. When the 4 is fixed just go switch it back. No fees attached to the transfers.

bigmatt503

Reaction score
You can swap your sim card to any Verizon 4G you want... No need to call Verizon to do it... I swap phones on a regular basis :-*

Sent from my insignia 10.1 flex jelly bean tablet

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Rezound has a large sim card (compared to the micro SIM cards that are in most phones today). If your Droid 4 has the same size sim card then all you have to do is swap sim cards. If it has the micro sim card then call Verizon and give them the card number and they will move your account to that phone. I will not affect your unlimited data plan. Or go into the store and let them do it for you. Either way, it is very easy and free and you will not lose unlimited.

OP
M

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
Alright, thanks fellas! Totally forgot about the sim card. Hopefully mine fits on the rezound.

OP
M

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
So, i just checked that d4 has a micro sim and the rezound has the big one. Do I just call Verizon to switch fones? Does that mean that i'm going to use my friends big sim card and not my micro from d4? Or I can go no sim card?

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
You need a sim card. You can use your friends card or go to Verizon, get your own card and have the store move the phones. Not a big deal if you use your friend's card. Just call Verizon and give them the number of the Rezound sim card and you'll be up and running.