help with D1 root using Droid-life guide

droidoesall

Reaction score
so i have rooted my phone several times and each time i attempt using android sdk, i always end up giving up because of some error or i get stuck.
well this time im not giving up.

this is the guide im using How to: Root Motorola DROID Running Android 2.2 FRG22D - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

so i finally successfully installed newest android sdk and java sdk.

android-sdk-windows is located on my desktop so thats were i cd it from command prompt. so far i think im good

i have enabled usb debugging and i have extracted Droid2Root.rar to c:\droid2root

i do the following step "adb devices (This should list a device as a long number. If it doesnt something is wrong.)" but all i get is "list of devices attached. what am i doing wrong?

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i'm gonna move you over to the Rescue Squad - some real brainiacs over there who should be able to help you out toot suite! :)

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
When you get the 'list of devices attached, isn't there a number on the next line? I think otherwise, it would say Device not found.

good luck

OP
droidoesall

droidoesall

Reaction score
No, when I type in adb devices all I get is, "list of devices attached" I get no numbers.

I think it might be the drivers. I am having trouble installing the drivers correctly. I use Motorola's software and it says successful but I check my device list and there still not installed

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Well, I tried it with mine (I was at work yesterday) and I get the same message with a long number and 'device' in the next line. I thought maybe you needed to enable usb debugging, but I re-read that you have. Where in your device manager are you looking? Mine shows as an "ADB Interface". Also, what happens if you type 'abd shell'?