help with ext SD cards

fear.no.evil

Reaction score
I recently purchased 2 32GB microSD cards for use in my Galaxy note tabs. I have been unable to store anything beyond 2-3GB on either, before the data gets corrupted. Word and notepad files are empty, images and videos are unusable, and other files are simply not transferred. I have this same issue with both cards, and I know my tabs are fine, so I have no idea what the problem is. Has anyone ever heard of an issue like this before?

Are you trying to copy the same files onto both? Maybe there is a bad one in there somewhere you keep trying to transfer?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Also what brand are they? Some of the cheaper "over seas" cards have known issues... Did they mention they were "Android" compatible? Also try and format them with an Android device... I know it is usually only an issue with some of the 64GB cards coming out but you may have an issue with the format type of the cards....

thanks for the tips. i think it just comes down to me buying a fake card. i've tried a few things that have been suggested here and other places, but it just won't keep anything that's more than 2-3 gigs. oh well...live and learn.

thanks for the tips

download your stuff off of it and then format it to fat 32 then see what it says for size also do a full format not a quick one
and be sure its fat 32-- may not be formatted well or it's a 4 gig card mismarked also brand is important what is it?
hope it's not a sandisk?
I'd recommend samsung or transend at least class 4or 6 for putting on videos but really in todays world get a class 10
about 22-24 bucks on e-bay for samsung , transend a few bucks more but worth it.

Back