Here's the first Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge accessories thread

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Use this thread to discuss the first accessories we find for the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. In fact, the Gear VR comes with the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge for free if you purchase it between Feb 28th and March 18th 2016.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
My internet was giving me fits during the stream. What as the lens I saw attached to the back of the S7?

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
My internet was giving me fits during the stream. What as the lens I saw attached to the back of the S7?
It wasn't just your internet, the YouTube feed buffered quite a few times. I believe that was a camera adapter like Apple has had for years. I was in the middle of a sale during that point, so I only got to glance, not hear anything.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I really want a glass screen protector. Looks like none have been released yet? (Being released this week.) Any suggestions on this?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
So I really want a glass screen protector. Looks like none have been released yet? (Being released this week.) Any suggestions on this?
They have curved ones for the S6. I haven't heard anything negative about the curved protector for the S6. I would just wait for the S7 version..

smiller136

Reaction score

I purchased a Zagg glass screen protector for my S7 (not the Edge) and the sales rep at the store installed it for me three days before launch day. The edges didn't adhere immediately but he said they would by the next day. Two days later they still hadn't.

I contacted Zagg customer service and they felt it was a faulty protector (perhaps it didn't have enough adhesive). At this point they hadn't heard of any other people having problems since the phone want yet available in stores. They sent me a replacement which also didn't adhere fully. A second call to them revealed that many other people are having the same problem. I was told that because the screen is curved the glass protector wasn't adhering. They have shipped a plastic screen protector hoping that it will be more flexible.

Needless to say, I'm very disappointed. I'm interested to know if there are any glass screen protectors our there that actually work with this phone.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I purchased a Zagg glass screen protector for my S7 (not the Edge) and the sales rep at the store installed it for me three days before launch day. The edges didn't adhere immediately but he said they would by the next day. Two days later they still hadn't.

I contacted Zagg customer service and they felt it was a faulty protector (perhaps it didn't have enough adhesive). At this point they hadn't heard of any other people having problems since the phone want yet available in stores. They sent me a replacement which also didn't adhere fully. A second call to them revealed that many other people are having the same problem. I was told that because the screen is curved the glass protector wasn't adhering. They have shipped a plastic screen protector hoping that it will be more flexible.

Needless to say, I'm very disappointed. I'm interested to know if there are any glass screen protectors our there that actually work with this phone.

Yes still waiting as well. So far the ones that are out have awful reviews. There are a few more being released this week. I think I will wait for the reviews to come in. I just have to remember not to put my phone in the same pocket as my keys until then.............

I'm old. And I forget not to do stuff like that.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
We sell a Qmadix glass screen protector/clear case bundle and I can't stand how much of the screen is showing! Samsung had to know that glass screens are primarily what is being used these days. Why would they curve the screen so much that it cannot be functionally used? This screen protector covers less than the one we sold for the S6. Very disappointing

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

There's a few out in the wild, but not much information yet. That said, I've yet to find anyone who has used a glass screen protector on the S6 Edge or S6 Edge + and was ultimately happy with it. The curved screen makes it very difficult to design one correctly.

Until a tempered glass screen protector comes out for the S7 Edge that most users seem to think works well (which may never happen), I've gone with an old school film screen protector. Surprisingly, the best one I've tried comes from Verizon - Anti-Scratch Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. The application process is the best I've encountered in my many years of applying screen protectors (the backing comes off in three stages, making precise positioning easier). It's quite thin, and it has a slicker feel to it than most film screen protectors. Not as good as glass of course, but it certainly does the trick to protect the screen from scratches until/if a better option comes along.

Firefighter912

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Buying
I have a curved zagg inivisisheild hd dry for my s7 edge. Its nice..but case is causing it to pop up at the bottom

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I have a curved zagg inivisisheild hd dry for my s7 edge. Its nice..but case is causing it to pop up at the bottom

I haven't had the issue with the Spigen Slim Armor and the above screen protector from Verizon. Probably because the screen protector I'm using is so thin and the edges of the case come down on top of the edges of the screen protector.

This is likely to be a potential issue with several cases and many screen protectors given the design of the phone. The placement and thickness of the screen protector will play a large role in it along with how far up on the edge the case reaches.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Here's how I believe most of the glass screen protectors are going to fit on the S7.
uploadfromtaptalk1458262795164.jpg

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Here's how I believe most of the glass screen protectors are going to fit on the S7. View attachment 76165

I can't believe anyone would produce that and think it was acceptable. .. How horrible!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
That's the reason i stuck to a film protector on my note edge...these glass units don't adhere or cover enough..and that saddens me greatly...because the stylus chews this film up pretty fast.

TYUI

Banned
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
I just got a S7 with TETDED case
[
0.jpg
0.jpg
0.jpg
0.jpg
0.jpg