Home++ NEW Text Message Notification Idea!

olletsocmit

Reaction score
I like to hide the top toolbar when using Home ++. The only problem with this is that i no longer can see my handcent sms icon up top telling me how many txt messages i have. I have come up with this idea that should be incorporated into Home++ or some other application. look at the picture below. there is a red #1 next to the notification icon on the power strip (bottom of the screen). This is jsut an idea. the 1 can be placed in a dif spot of be different but something like i have below.

txt%20%23%20notif%20example.jpg

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
use the Handcent widget... it shows how many unread messages you have

iSecks

Reaction score
This is a different widget called "SMS Unread Count", but only because I like the stock icon. The Handcent widget is just the handcent icon with the same badge type thing on the corner.

OP
O

olletsocmit

Reaction score
This is a different widget called "SMS Unread Count", but only because I like the stock icon. The Handcent widget is just the handcent icon with the same badge type thing on the corner.

that screen shot is using normal messaging. im talking about messaging. and i dont like the handcent sms widget. would rather have it on the powerstrip or on my messaging icon and not the widget

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like to hide the top toolbar when using Home ++. The only problem with this is that i no longer can see my handcent sms icon up top telling me how many txt messages i have. I have come up with this idea that should be incorporated into Home++ or some other application. look at the picture below. there is a red #1 next to the notification icon on the power strip (bottom of the screen). This is jsut an idea. the 1 can be placed in a dif spot of be different but something like i have below.

txt%20%23%20notif%20example.jpg
Hmmm I like the idea, but for me it's make me happy if he just added some kinda way to know whether we have a status notification. Like maybe instead of sms read count a counter for how many status notifications we have. That way there is a visual indicator for status notification.

iSecks

Reaction score

that screen shot is using normal messaging. im talking about messaging. and i dont like the handcent sms widget. would rather have it on the powerstrip or on my messaging icon and not the widget

It's using the "SMS Unread Count" widget, and yes, it looks like the normal messaging, but it opens whatever your default messaging client is [Like Handcent, for example.]

And yes, it would be nicer if it was integrated into Home++, but for now it isn't and this is the closest we can get for now.

OP
O

olletsocmit

Reaction score
I try to avoid as many Widgets as possible because i like to use better cut to customize my icons. your can not rename and change the icon of a widget to anything you want. Does anyone know the Home++ developer... tell him about this. haha

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I try to avoid as many Widgets as possible because i like to use better cut to customize my icons. your can not rename and change the icon of a widget to anything you want. Does anyone know the Home++ developer... tell him about this. haha

i prefer the stock android icons.... but i love the fact that we can easily change them to personalize the device.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
so.. my LED flashes still when i have a notification.. i just hit the little [!] button on the bottom and it pulls up that notification panel.. does your not do that?

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
so.. my LED flashes still when i have a notification.. i just hit the little [!] button on the bottom and it pulls up that notification panel.. does your not do that?

Yeah mine does that too, I don't think it does it for app updates though. I dunno I still think some kind of indicator on the homescreen would maybe make the user experience a bit better. one of the great things about Android is the status bar, I feel like it would add a little bit more connection to it.