Home wifi no longer works with recent update, please help :/

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Hi. So I recently got my galaxy s7 and everything was good. It came with 6.0.1 and recently it prompt me to do some update, which is still 6.0.1. I guess it was just some patch? I don't really know. For some reason the wifi in my house no longer works even when I enter the password in correctly. I have no problem connecting to the wifi in my college campus library, which doesn't have a password, but makes me enter in my email address on the homepage. I have yet to test out another wifi which uses a password, but I've factory reset my phone a few times and it still hasn't solved the issue. I restarted my router once and it worked for a bit but I'm having the same issue again. This is really frustrating and I don't wanna use up my data. Appreciate any suggestions and thanks.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Are you on Verizon? If so, what's the version number on your current software? Verizon literally just started pushing out a new update today that "improves Wi-Fi connectivity on Marshmallow OS, and fixes issues including trouble connecting to the internet, frequent data disconnections, and problems while loading files or web pages." It's software version MMB29M.G930VVRU2APB5 for the S7 (MMB29M.G935VVRU2APB5 for the S7 Edge).

The first update following the release of the phone was software version MMB29M.G930VVRS2APB4 for the S7. If that's the one you have, you'll want to update to the latest one since it addresses the very issue you're having.

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Are you on Verizon? If so, what's the version number on your current software? Verizon literally just started pushing out a new update today that "improves Wi-Fi connectivity on Marshmallow OS, and fixes issues including trouble connecting to the internet, frequent data disconnections, and problems while loading files or web pages." It's software version MMB29M.G930VVRU2APB5 for the S7 (MMB29M.G935VVRU2APB5 for the S7 Edge).

The first update following the release of the phone was software version MMB29M.G930VVRS2APB4 for the S7. If that's the one you have, you'll want to update to the latest one since it addresses the very issue you're having.
Thank you. Gonna try it now.

wcjeep

Reaction score
A few years ago Motorola did an update on their phones. It "disabled" WiFi for most. It turned out most people had issues with their home routers. Usually out of date firmware.

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
apparently the router name or whatever you wanna call it was switched. The option with "5G" at the end seems to work, but not the one connected to my laptop???? Strange.