how do i download ringtone from text

nursepotter05

Reaction score
I bought a ring tone from verizon. It was sent in a text mail. I can't figure out how to set it as my ringtone. also, i downloaded ring droid, but i can't figure out how to record songs and stuff.

zvrider

Reaction score
I did the same thing this morning, what you have to do is bring up the text message from Verizon, press and hold the message until a box opens, then press "save', then go to the music player and select the song ringtone, press the "menu" button and press "save as ringtone".

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have been able to save the .mp3 or ringtone directly from the text as a ringtone. But yes it will work either way.

zvrider

Reaction score
I have been able to save the .mp3 or ringtone directly from the text as a ringtone. But yes it will work either way.

No luck here doing it that way, no option for "save as ringtone" directly from text message.

zvrider

Reaction score
I am new to this stuff, I have no idea what you are talking about.

OP
N

nursepotter05

Reaction score
zvrider,
Thank you so much! Worked like a charm! I had been trying to figure this out for days!!:icon_ banana:

sjleader

Reaction score
I dragged an MP3 from my laptop into the sim card and it came up as an option in the regular settings menu for default ringtone...

djstar2k2

Reaction score
for ringdroid to work the song has to be on the sd card 1st. i been using ringtone studio to make them then send to my sd card. but the ringtone studio is a software program i bought yrs ago. but its the easiest way to go

dkofod

Reaction score
Thanks for this info! I was driving myself crazy trying to figure it out. I was able to press and hold on the text message and then selected "save as ringtone" then went into settings-sound & display and selected the ringtone.

springportjoe

Reaction score
Press and hold message then "Copy attached to SD card". Then open "music", Ringtone will probably be under "Unknown artist". Press and hold selected song then "Use as Ringtone".

Bruce

drea1440

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem as a previous poster - when I press and hold on the text message, I don't have a 'save' option. I've tried it both on the stock sms and handcent. I've tried copying the attachment to my SD card and I have the Save MMS app that I used to save it.

How do I get it to show up under ringtones?

springportjoe

Reaction score
If you press and hold the text message and don't get the Message option "Copy attached to SD card" it may have gone directly to the card, depending on the format of the ringtone. Look in Music, Artists, Unknown artist, and see if you find it there. Then press and hold the ringtone and you should get the option to save as ringtone. Let me know.

mcgt2006

Reaction score
Ok, so I just got my Droid Eris yesterday. I've done everything that has been stated here and it doesn't work for me. I too downloaded a ringtone from Verizon, saved it to my SD card using the steps stated here but when I open it in the music player and hit the menu button nothing happens. No menu pops up at all. Also, if I click and hold on the mp3 in the selection window the only options I get are play or add to playlist.

In addition, I downloaded ringdroid and when I try to play the mp3 from Verizon I get an error msg "The application Ringdroid (process com.ringdroid) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Any suggestions?

Thanks