How hot is too hot?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
That's good to know. I hope you returned the phone.. Also just curious if you were running battery monitor or something else that logged the high temp(mainly because I'd love to know what that temp was)

JeffDenver

Reaction score
I use Curvefish's battery widget for temp...I dont think it logs it though. I am past the return point...I might be able to get warranty service on it (and if nothing else, I have insurance) but I have not noticed any other performance issues.

andeejo

Reaction score
Thanks! I just downloaded battery widget. Just curious as to what temp. is normal after surfing or watching some videos. My stand by temp is 76 degrees then it gets to 85 degrees pretty quick after using. I try not to trap the heat with the back of my hand while using it alot. I dont even know if that helps or not! Should it be the same with the extended batt? I definately notice it gets alot warmer with the carcharger. You would think it would be better to charge it face down to keep the batt. cover faced up and cooler. After having alot of problems with the rezound, I am finally starting to have fun with it!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's good to know. I hope you returned the phone.. Also just curious if you were running battery monitor or something else that logged the high temp(mainly because I'd love to know what that temp was)

I'm pretty sure it's above 140f.
The first time I tried to do a complete discharge it was taking forever to drop the last 9% so I turned on 4g, cranked the screen to full bright and flipped on the NFL app and watched a few highlights in my -100dbm den. That puppy got very very warm and I checked circle battery meter temp at 1% of battery left and it was 140f,. The phone shut off soon after that but when I plugged it in the red light flashed red/green (hot battery alert) every time I tried for about 15 minutes , then it finally stayed solid red. The phone may have shut off from heat but I believe it was due to the battery drain.
I won't do that again.
Fwiw, my normal temp is about 85f after long use, when inside, with screen on 15% bright. Outside in the cold it's a little lower.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

Last edited: