How to active Maxx from one line to another.

Olivia

Reaction score
I'm currently waiting for my razr Maxx to arrive today :icon_ banana: and it will have two sim cards with it because I'm using another family members upgrade. I am the account owner so no problem there, but do I call and tell this person to turn off their cell phone for awhile, then activate on their line first, then switch out sim cards, turn off my cell, and activate on my line? Not sure of the exact process.

covard

Reaction score
I don't think that you have to activate it on the other number, but I could be wrong. Check with Verizon Customer Service to make sure. I think that you can just activate on your own number. I don't think that they care that you used the other phone's upgrade. But.... I have never dealt with sim cards before getting this razr Maxx.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The easiest way is to go into a vzw store. If the line needs to be activated on their number first and then yours, its easier to go to a store, but if not, just insert the sim for your number.

But I'm sure the device needs to be activated on their line first.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah before you ordered it if you had called Verizon they can transfer the upgrade to your line to prevent this issue. But since you actually upgraded on that line you need to activate it on that line first to fulfill the new 2 year agreement, then you can transfer it to yours.

Or like the others said you can go into the store and they might be able to do it easier.