How to disable auto-complete when typing?

rtb

Reaction score
Sometimes when typing a message or texting my words are switched to something that wasn't intended. How do I disable this feature? It's so annoying!

ErisDroid?

Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has responded to you,

Here's how:
Menu>Settings>Language and Keyboard>Text input>Prediction unselect the check box. If you have a different key board (like Swype) installed there will be one more option before Text input and that will be >Touch input>

Hope this helps

wyzzerdd

Reaction score
For some reason even after disabling this annoying feature it still auto completes on my eris. A rather amusing glitch I had the other day, I was trying to search for assassins creed 2 walkthroughs and it auto completed just the first 3 letters even though I typed in the whole thing and searched for the word ass lol

pbz

Reaction score
Thanks, ErisDroid?, finally got rid of auto correct

Hi, and Thanks EridDroid?,
I had the android keyboard unchecked, google voice typing and swype both checked. I'd unselected Autocorrection in the Android keyboard settings, but what I'd missed was the Swype settings! Under Preferences, tap Word suggestion, then uncheck Auto correction.
Hooray!
I left a check next to Word suggestion, figuring I didn't care if it showed me words, just so it didn't automatically substitute them.
Good luck to the rest of you!