How to get Lockscreen wallpaper

jmwilson

Reaction score
Ok, I've asked this on other forums and searched for a day and have had no luck with this. I'm trying to change my lockscreen wallpaper to wallpaper in the background apps.

I save a wallpaper. It tells me it saves in my background directory. I go to home>menu>settings>personalize>lockscreen wallpaper and all I get is "no photos". The only photos that will show up their are ones ive taken with the camera.

I've tried loading wallpapers from my pc, to the SD card, to my lockscreen, but no... it still tells me "no photos".

Any suggestions?

grnjetta6

Reaction score
I found it easier to go to the photo album and choose the pic that i want to use click on it and set as lock screen paper. Also I used astro file explorer to locate pics on my sd card

OP
J

jmwilson

Reaction score
I also use astro. How do you find photo albums, and how do you set it as a lockscreen paper?

For me, I use astro, find the background I want. Hit set as, and it just changed it to my home screen wallpaper. I then hit home>menu>wallpaper>apply to< lockscreen. But it will not work. It just goes back to the photos I have taken with my camera.

Last edited:

refthemc

Reaction score
Just tried to manually add wallpaper pictures from my computer to the phone by mounting the SDCard and it worked like a charm.

Plug in your USB to your PC and click "USB Connected" then "Mount" on your phone. Then copy the pictures you want to "/sdcard/DCIM/100MEDIA"

Funny thing is that it didnt work when I tried to do this last month but now it does...Maybe the recent update had something to do with this? Who knows..

Last edited:

Da Janx

Reaction score
Any photos in my album I was able to long press, set as, lockscreen. There ya go.

smalls13

Reaction score
getting pics from sd card

ok ive downloaded some pics from the market. it said they went to my sd card. win i go to my album the pics are not their. if i take my sd card out of phone and put i pc they are their. HOW DO I get the pics to my album from my sd card. Please help.

Branndon

Reaction score
Same issues here with a friends phone. Pics are saved to background folder, i can see them with astro, but can't set them as a lockscreen no matter what I try.

ach67

Reaction score
If you can't see your downloaded photos in your albums, be sure you have "all downloads" checked in album settings... album >settings >default albums >all downloads. Then I use the same method as above...open pic in albums, long press , then "set as."

Alternately, for those of you using Astro to locate the files on the sd card, Astro can also move a file from one folder to another (ie, to downloads/wallpaper/background folder.)