[HOW TO] Permanently Root Rezound

djmwilliams1

Reaction score
Yes I paid have no problem with it. This is my second rezound. the first one I unlock the bootloader and could never get permanent root for temporary root after that. It wouldn't even take any update. So after many wasted days, hours and weeks of trying to root and update maintenance release updates I sent the phone back and got a new one . These guys rooted the phone using the same method I was trying before, they got it to work and I can reverse root if needed. I have no problem paying for it. I rooted my original droid no problem, these new phones are much more complicated. I did not feel like going through the wasted hours and headache again. I cut my own yard most people don't even do that nowadays give me a break.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

lepa71

Reaction score
Wow. I'm on my 4th droid phone and I never had any issues rooting them. It only gets easier and easier to root with all of those great scripts other people prepare for you. You just must of missed the step which happens. Not a biggy, but I wouldn't pay $40-$50 for rooting. Just look on Craigslist and pay $20. I hope you are not working for them and making ads here. That is all.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow. I'm on my 4th droid phone and I never had any issues rooting them. It only gets easier and easier to root with all of those great scripts other people prepare for you. You just must of missed the step which happens. Not a biggy, but I wouldn't pay $40-$50 for rooting. Just look on Craigslist and pay $20. I hope you are not working for them and making ads here. That is all.

I don't believe he is but let us worry about that part. As much as most would see that $40-$50 as a rip-off or a scam. Some people just want their toys to work. So it's worth the price of admission. For most of us, that price is time and probably a small patch of hair.

djmwilliams1

Reaction score
No I do not work for them and if you see on some of my other post on this form I did ask about them before I contacted them, many people read my post asking about them but no one responded. My time is tight I have work and a business to run so yes it was worth it for me not to deal with the hassle.

wildride89

Reaction score
I found this:

Hasoon2000's Rezound All-In-One Kit V2.0

Rezound_All-In-One_Kit_v2.0.rar

It makes unlocking and rooting very easy.

I have not tried it yet - because my new Rezound has not arrived yet.

Howard

I tried to download it but a message from my phone popped up and asked if I still wanted to download because the phone doesn't have the right program to read it

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I've heard of a lot of people having trouble with the All-in-one. Also, I honestly think it makes more sense to understand what you're doing to your phone, but to each their own right..??

kirragoddess

Reaction score
Please help!! :(

I have rooted two other phones without issue, but this time, the first time I went into Fastboot mode, I lost all connectivity and can't get it back. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it... Gtalk maybe?

zanshin825

Reaction score
Hi, guys. I'm going to be setting up a Rezound later today, coming from a Bionic. I've done a lot of searches, but because of the dates and the software versions that have come previously, it's unclear to me whether there's a working one-click root method for the Rezound? I'm looking to idiot-proof the process as much as possible, and I'm sick of setting up phones (since I'm on my 3rd Bionic in three weeks ;-) ).

Thanks!

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi, guys. I'm going to be setting up a Rezound later today, coming from a Bionic. I've done a lot of searches, but because of the dates and the software versions that have come previously, it's unclear to me whether there's a working one-click root method for the Rezound? I'm looking to idiot-proof the process as much as possible, and I'm sick of setting up phones (since I'm on my 3rd Bionic in three weeks ;-) ).

Thanks!

Nope, since you have to unlock the Rezound prior to rooting there isn't a one click. Check the guide in my sig.

trizzypballr

Reaction score
Ok so I know I have successfully unlocked, im assuming i correctly installed AmronRA. I then restarted my phone, held the down button again, went into recovery, developer menu, install super user. Says the super user was successful. I now restart my phone and I am totally rooted? I just want to make sure I did everything correctly since im not sure how to check if im actually rooted or not before I go install all of my apps and stuff again.

HowardZ

Reaction score
Download from the Google play store the free version of "Titanium Backup".

It is a good program to use, and it will tell you if you are not rooted.

Regards,

Howard

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok so I know I have successfully unlocked, im assuming i correctly installed AmronRA. I then restarted my phone, held the down button again, went into recovery, developer menu, install super user. Says the super user was successful. I now restart my phone and I am totally rooted? I just want to make sure I did everything correctly since im not sure how to check if im actually rooted or not before I go install all of my apps and stuff again.

You also need to download superuser from the Market. Installing su/superuser in AmonRa only installs the framework. Downloading the app from the market will install the binaries.

winkler.dane

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the guide. I am stuck right now though.
I was able to unlock my phone through the HTCdev site.
I think I flashed the recovery but when I try to boot into recovery I get to the fastboot screen (at the top it says **TAMPERED** **UNLOCKED**)
I don't think I'm into the AmonRa recovery, it looks just like the stock screen does.
Also, I can be in fastboot and when I connect my USB cable I never get FASTBOOT USB. It's like I lost the ability to have my device recognized by my PC.

**update, I rebooted my PC and I can get FASTBOOT USB now

Last edited: