How to recover deleted photos on One M9

stas301

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Dear all,

I am here asking for help !!! Today I made a big mistake that I deleted a few photos that very important for me. It's just by accident. Right now, I am looking for a solid solution to help me recover the deleted photos, preferably do it free. Paid is OK if necessary.

I already tested Recuva and PhotoRec, none of them work in this case. Please help!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to DroidForums! Were your deleted photos on an external sd card or the internal storage? If they are on Ann external sd card, then remove the card from your phone so your deleted photos don't get new data written over them. You may have better luck using recovery software on a pc than from within the phone. There are several different recovery software programs. It may be trying what's available and hopefully you will have success.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
There is a free program for microSD card recovery called Recuva. Going forward I suggest you have a plan to make certain that doesn't happen again. Install Google Photo or DropBox. Either will store all those photos in the cloud. Never store any media like photos only on the phone.

Misnilaliy

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 5
I don't think you can retrieve your photos from HTC phone beucase the new data covered your "Photos" and can't be recovered unless you try Android data recovery tool to retrieve photos from Android phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
S

stas301

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
There is a free program for microSD card recovery called Recuva. Going forward I suggest you have a plan to make certain that doesn't happen again. Install Google Photo or DropBox. Either will store all those photos in the cloud. Never store any media like photos only on the phone.

Tried the program but it can't find the deleted ones. thank u

I don't think you can retrieve your photos from HTC phone beucase the new data covered your "Photos" and can't be recovered.

why?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
It should have produced some results even if it said it could actually recover them. If not then the card may have been damaged.

kennercooper123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola
It seems like you are looking for a recovery app. may I suggest Jihosoft Android Phone Recovery? I know it because I wrongly deleted photos once and used it to get photos back. Hope it helps you. Good luck.

leabradley

Reaction score
Download Stellar Phoenix photograph recovery software and recover the erased photographs, recordings and sound documents with ease.

deveauwelle32

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone
I think you can try the Android photo recovery program, if not successful, then you can not get back the lost photos.And I like to recommend MobiKin Doctor for you, you can get it.

Last edited: