How to remove pen ink from Droid X

phatlilpanda

Reaction score
so yesterday, i had a pen bust inside my pocket with my droid x inside :(, theres notthing wrong with my phone internally but on the outside, there are ink blobs.. and i cant seem to get them off. I've tried nail polish remover and it doesnt work. Any other suggestions?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
so yesterday, i had a pen bust inside my pocket with my droid x inside :(, theres notthing wrong with my phone internally but on the outside, there are ink blobs.. and i cant seem to get them off. I've tried nail polish remover and it doesnt work. Any other suggestions?

nail polish remover = acetone. The safest thing I can thing of to try would be rubbing alcohol.

arabstar1982

Reaction score

nail polish remover = acetone. The safest thing I can thing of to try would be rubbing alcohol.

I second the rubbing alcohol, soak a q-tip in it and try to rub the spots gently. or, if you have any alcohol wipes around try those (I know most people dont, but I am a nursing student and they are around my house plenty lol), that worked when I got ink on my kitchen table from a pen that was crushed and didnt ruin the finish.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I second the rubbing alcohol, soak a q-tip in it and try to rub the spots gently. or, if you have any alcohol wipes around try those (I know most people dont, but I am a nursing student and they are around my house plenty lol), that worked when I got ink on my kitchen table from a pen that was crushed and didnt ruin the finish.

Eyeglass cleaner wipes have alcohol on them. I use them to clean my Droid all the time.

OP
P

phatlilpanda

Reaction score
so i tried the alcohol wipes and they dont work either :( i think its the type of material the droid x is made of.. cause i was able to get the ink off the power button of the phone