How to: REPLACE INCREDIBLE BLOWN SPEAKER

davisa

Reaction score
mine is still holding up. its way better than the stock turned out to be. easy to do thanks to the video.

kmo

Reaction score
What's up with all these blown speakers? Mine is on the way, I'll be doing this mod sometime this week....:mad:
Update: installed new speaker today, total of about 15 minutes. Sounds normal again...hopefully this one will last a while.

Last edited:

OlafTheOx

Reaction score
How can I tell if my speaker is blown? I got my incredible used so the speaker quality has always been the same - not very good.

DInc with Incredibly Re-engineered 2.4

J.G.R.

Reaction score
Are you buying from China for that price? I see the speakers on Ebay for around $9.00 for Incredible or Nokia 6300

mobilesuitotter

Reaction score
Thanks for the video, it was much easier than sending my Incredible back again. My only problem is now for some reason my wifi is only picking up signal if I'm right next to the router. Anyone else have this problem? I have searched the internets to see if I could figure out where the WiFi antenna is or if I could buy a new one but have found nothing. Any help would be appreciated!

OlafTheOx

Reaction score
Do you have problems with connecting other computers through WiFi? If so, check out WWW.dd-wrt.com to see if your router is supported by the dd-wrt firmware. If it is, you should flash it to your router. It is far superior to manufacturers' firmware and will cure nearly any router problems not caused by hardware failure. It's free under GPL license.

DInc with CyanogenMod 6.1 and Invisiblek #28 kernel.

EGDEBO

Reaction score
The video was fine, unfortunately, I had a very difficult time trying to pop out the existing (blown) speaker. Has anyone else attempted to do this? I was worried about breaking something else, so I just put it back. Perhaps, there is some trick or something that makes the speaker card (device) come out easily?? I inquired about taking it to one of those cell phone repair places and I'm told they will charge between $75.00 - $100.00 to replace. I purchased the phone about 1 1/2 years ago and would like to keep it a little bit longer. However, I refuse to pay for that repair, when I can pay another $100.00 and get the new Droid Razr Max :)