How to root Dinc2 after 2.3 upgrade?

ABQNM

Reaction score
It won't be long right? Good stuff thanks for the update.
Not sure what you mean by won't be long... It is up on the site and working now. You just have to install SU and CWM manually but there are a bunch of guides out there.

Little812

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by won't be long... It is up on the site and working now. You just have to install SU and CWM manually but there are a bunch of guides out there.

My bad, thank you for the post.

pzeronoir

Reaction score
Estafusisx posted a thorough root guide over here. My dinc2 with 2.3 is now rooted and running (after installing updated Superuser after rooting).

thewilson

Reaction score
Works

Awesome!
Got my phone last week (shipped with 2.3),
now I'm running CM7!!
super sexy

OP
J

Josh185

Reaction score
Is there a way to get a temporary root in with GB on the Dinc2? I don't really want to have to go through and replace my recovery and everything because I don't plan on using any 3rd party roms. I simply want to be able to disable apps with bloat freezer without disrupting normal OTA updates should any come in the future.

shinokodomo

Reaction score
Is there any way to root my phone without a computer. I hate my laptop its slow so I'd like to do it without. If so can you give me a step by step. This is my first Android phone & I want to freeze the bloatwere. Thanks.

sent from my HTC incredible2

firefighter17101

Reaction score
Sitll get ota

I mainly want to root so i can get rid of the vzw crap and use my phone as a hotspot. Will it still be possible to get the ota. And if i have a issue w/ my phone can I un-root. thanks everyone

ABQNM

Reaction score
what is the link?

On tapatalk so it doesn't show me a link but you need to go to the droid Incredible 2 hacks subforum. It is stickies at the top.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.

sjpritch25

Reaction score
I did my phone and my nephews phone and no issues. Just make sure you uninstall HTC sync. I didn't have any issues with recovery not installing.