How to root stock 2.2 using unrEVOked 3.32

Arcangl123

Reaction score
OK!!!

Now I am not happy!

I have been bragging so much about how much I love my newly rooted, Gingerbread phone that I have now been selected as the individual to fix their phones.

Oh it ain't that bad. Finally I am the important smart one. This is making me friends. Is this what love feels like.....LOL!!

carnex

Reaction score
I can't seem to root my HTC Wildfire. It's bought used with Android 2.2.1 build number 2.21.110.2 CL293608 and unrevoked 3 always says that it failed (is your firmware too new? message). Atempted it 5 times now and i'm all out of ideas.

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I can't seem to root my HTC Wildfire. It's bought used with Android 2.2.1 build number 2.21.110.2 CL293608 and unrevoked 3 always says that it failed (is your firmware too new? message). Atempted it 5 times now and i'm all out of ideas.

This section and tutorial are about rooting the HTC Incredible, not Wildfire.

rangerpsg

Reaction score
Thank you so much.

Thanks a lot Enlightened. I tried to follow this guys steps on YouTube and got nothing but "FAIL". Your method was Incredible-easy.

kdm3170

Reaction score
Question on clockwork section

On incrediblelist.com it said this:
"If you have an SLCD screen you need to take these additional steps.

After you have rooted your phone with Unrevoked
If you wish to use Clockwork Recovery then flash this mod
Clockwork Recover will not work without it
Otherwise you can use Amon_Ra or BAmod Recovery"

i also saw in 1 of enlightened posts her tutorial was updated for an slcd fix. so with the new fix, which i assume is just an updated version of unrevoked, do we still need to add that mod from the post on incrediblelist.com???

heres the link to the page where it said to add the mod:
Getting Started - The Incredible List

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
On incrediblelist.com it said this:
"If you have an SLCD screen you need to take these additional steps.

After you have rooted your phone with Unrevoked
If you wish to use Clockwork Recovery then flash this mod
Clockwork Recover will not work without it
Otherwise you can use Amon_Ra or BAmod Recovery"

i also saw in 1 of enlightened posts her tutorial was updated for an slcd fix. so with the new fix, which i assume is just an updated version of unrevoked, do we still need to add that mod from the post on incrediblelist.com???

heres the link to the page where it said to add the mod:
Getting Started - The Incredible List

The instructions in this tutorial is up-to-date. There is no need to do the SLCD fix.

tsruggles

Reaction score
Worked perectly!

Thank you ENLIGHTENED! I have been watching videos and doing all kinds of research about rooting. I have ostracized my friends and family by trying to make a decision whether to root my dINC or not. Well, I finally did it just now. It worked the first time without any issues. Please understand, I am a 30 something year old electrician. I am not exactly a tech expert by any means. I do however possess the ability to do extensive research and follow directions extremely well. Your instructions worked out and I am so happy to see my phone in proper working order! Now I just need to figure out what to do with my phone now that it is rooted. Thank you again!

jblackfish

Reaction score
In Step 2, Item #6, I don't see "Android for ADB" - I see "ADB" in Device Manager, (Other Devices) with a question mark by it. What am I doing wrong? All was perfect to this point.

Last edited:

YSHDT

Reaction score
(noob)/ Hello :). I was hoping someone would be able to assist me with an issue i am having while trying to root. I have installed the drivers and the reflash off of this article and followed all steps up to Step 2 part 8 where i keep running into "Communication with phone unexpectedly interrupted. Try again". I have also run into the screen
"Failed to push recovery image. Terminatted" I cannot seem to find a solution to this problem.

Using Win/XP
Do not have HTC sync installed on pc
Was not instructed here to pull the battery so i never did, though i have been watching videos of Sept 2010 Root for the Inc that do this method...maybe that is where i went wrong?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ow-root-stock-2-2-using-unrevoked-3-32-a.html / this is what i am following for the root process

Any help would be appreciated, though i am sure everyone is tired of hearing about this XD

YSHDT

Reaction score
Figured it out.

Used Laptop instead of wasting more time with Desktop.
Ran into "Error: Is your firmware too new?"
Waited 5 minutes and retried the DL and worked

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
In Windows:
Download and install unrEVOked modified USB Driver
  1. Uninstall HTC Sync, DoubleTwist, and DropBox from the PC. They can be reinstalled later if you desire, but for now they've got to go.

Hey... Can anybody tell me where I'll find HTC Sync, DoubleTwist, and Dropbox on my computer?

Thanks

kvnm85

Reaction score
In Windows:
Download and install unrEVOked modified USB Driver
  1. Uninstall HTC Sync, DoubleTwist, and DropBox from the PC. They can be reinstalled later if you desire, but for now they've got to go.

Hey... Can anybody tell me where I'll find HTC Sync, DoubleTwist, and Dropbox on my computer?

Thanks

More than likely they wont be on your computer unless you installed them to the computer

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

YSHDT

Reaction score
By chance that those were on your PC you should be able find them in the add/remove programs section within My Computer. That is where I had located sync and dropbox.

Hoe Tribe

khw1959

Reaction score
About to pull the root trigger. I am curious though about something and too lazy to wade through volumes of posts looking for it.
Can I just root the phone and not flash new roms? I just wish to take control of my phone like my PC and delete bloatware. :icon_eek: