How to tell a new SAFE Note 7 from the "explosive" version...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
From Fortune magazine (as posted by Preach2K http://www.droidforums.net/index.php?threads/290796/)

d4fcd232075fcc8695fb38923087ae9b.jpg

"...more analysis before it can arrive at a final conclusion..."

Also, the CPSC is in the process of making their own determinations and seeing up their own recall. Do you really think they are going to risk just collecting the phones?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I was mearly commenting that the exchange process hasn't been laid out. There's been no statement from anyone as to what will need returned.
I would not assume all items with original devices would need returned. Even if someone from Verizon told me.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
From Fortune magazine (as posted by Preach2K http://www.droidforums.net/index.php?threads/290796/)

d4fcd232075fcc8695fb38923087ae9b.jpg

"...more analysis before it can arrive at a final conclusion..."

Also, the CPSC is in the process of making their own determinations and seeing up their own recall. Do you really think they are going to risk just collecting the phones?

I'm sorry but with the up most respect I have to say it seems to me this is a lot of speculation... I personally like to follow the facts.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I'm sorry but with the up most respect I have to say it seems to me this is a lot of speculation... I personally like to follow the facts.

Which is the speculation? The article or my copying of it?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I was mearly commenting that the exchange process hasn't been laid out. There's been no statement from anyone as to what will need returned.
I would not assume all items with original devices would need returned. Even if someone from Verizon told me.

And I'm not saying this is the definitive process as it has not been laid out yet as you indicated. What I am saying is all likelihood IMHO it will flush out that way and for the reasons I've given and what I was told.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
https://www.google.com/amp/www.cnet...note-7-explosion-battery-manufacturing-error/

There is an article similar to the above post....
Sooo... I'm going to stick to the facts and not assume what will or will not be Samsung's exchange process in detail until Samsung says so.

And a direct quote from that very article is;

"In its report to the Korean Agency for Technology and Standards, Samsung's preliminary findings show a production error that pushed together negative and positive poles within battery cells, causing it to heat up excessively, according to Bloomberg."

Sounds strikingly like what I posted previously (16 hours ago), here;

"Then when the battery is sealed and compressed flat, the two internal "poles" of the battery, the Plus and Minus poles, if you will, come in contact or are close enough that an internal shunt can be created easily through normal charging."

http://www.droidforums.net/index.php?posts/2704250

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Which is the speculation? The article or my copying of it?

In your previous post you were stating that ALL CONTENTS of the original box would be exchanged.... there has been no press release from Samsung or any carrier stating so... that is your speculation. Also you went on to state that Samsung would want the cords to test them.... ummm your speculation... Some people like to speculate and draw conclusions, just me personally I like facts and I am therefore debating your speculation.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Speculation?

6f14b7cb4dcdf95afc95e56f7c7f54e8.jpg

"Working on an official recall"

Hmph...

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Speculation?

6f14b7cb4dcdf95afc95e56f7c7f54e8.jpg

"Working on an official recall"

Hmph...

You are missing the point.... Just trying to draw back to the detailed process that was laid out in your post of needing the contents of the box in the exchange process...not the cause of the issue with the battery.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
In your previous post you were stating that ALL CONTENTS of the original box would be exchanged.... there has been no press release from Samsung or any carrier stating so... that is your speculation. Also you went on to state that Samsung would want the cords to test them.... ummm your speculation... Some people like to speculate and draw conclusions, just me personally I like facts and I am therefore debating your speculation.

I agree that those were perhaps as you call it speculation (actually unconfirmed but informed source), and I never said it was an official statement. I even admitted such in an earlier post above. I am going with my gut on this and all that I know about the ongoing investigation, as well as similar investigations for other products, accidents and my own home fire.

So call it speculation if you wish. I suggest erring on the side of caution and if they offer a replacement and I were the owner I would demand all new parts, not just the phone.

As for the replacements, I really don't think that Samsung is going to ship bare phones out to their retailers to have them as replacements. They will most likely ship sealed boxes, not just because their production line is geared that way, but because of labeling requirements, control of inventory, assurance that they get properly exchanged, and like I said, so they can get the chargers and cables as well.

If they don't ask for chargers and cables, I would demand them to be replaced anyway. I bought new, I have a product that may catch fire and explode while charging, I want the charger and cable replaced too. End of story.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
You are missing the point.... Just trying to draw back to the detailed process that was laid out in your post of needing the contents of the box in the exchange process...not the cause of the issue with the battery.

See above.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Interesting.

This is what Samsung is telling customers as said by another member;

All you have to do is call 855 sam usa1 and hit 2 and ask them wen they come on the phone,there is no remote shut off going to happen and like i said they waiting for the CPHC or watever goverment group to clear the new devices they have and once this happens the people that registered there device will get an email saying the the new revised note 7 is available then we can trade in the old one with everything that it came with in the box to get the new one. And yes they said they should be releasing them this week yet and we should have new ones in our hands next week.

Again, sounds just like what I said.

http://www.droidforums.net/index.php?posts/2704525

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model