How To Text Phone Number Out of Contacts?

M.A.U

Reaction score
Okay another questions please! I need to take a phone number out of contacts and text it to a friend. How do I do this with Droid X. Can't seem to get it done. thanks

leftspin

Reaction score
Well you could just look at the contact, write down the number and then type it into the text message... Or put the number you want to send in the "To:" field, then cut and paste it into the body of the message. I don't think there's a fully automated way to do it.

OP
M

M.A.U

Reaction score
Ok, thanks. Here is my next question :) I have my to work emails set up on it now. I can send and receive emails fine. However the emails I send from the droid x never show up in the sent folder, neither on the phone or in outlook express on my computer. Everything else seems to be working. Any ideas?

leftspin

Reaction score
Are the messages sending, and just not showing up in the outbox? Or are they not sending at all?

OP
M

M.A.U

Reaction score
they are sending fine and being received by whom they are sent to

OP
M

M.A.U

Reaction score
email app but think I have it fixed now.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
On Bionic you can text a number
Contact name>Menu>Share after you press Share all of the contacts info that you have will be there, as in, number, email, address etc. Press OK to send all info, or uncheck what you don't want to send and the press OK. Then you will get. List of comunication apps, pick the text app

OP
M

M.A.U

Reaction score
Does this happen with the Email app, or the Gmail app?

I am ressurecting this thread! I have to work email accounts on my phone for two different companies I work for. The one account that is microsoft exchange works perfect. The other has the same problem that I stated when I started this thread. The sent emails do not show on my phone or either on microsoft outlook. That is the sent emails from my phone only. The sent emails from microsoft outlook show up on the phone fine. The emails sent from the phone do arrive to the intended person, just on my phone they are not in the sent folder. Thanks

leftspin

Reaction score
Have you tried talking to whoever manages that stuff at your company? Depending on what mail protocol they use the problem could be on their end and not an issue with the phone.