[HOW TO] Unlock Rezound's Bootloader [HTCdev.com]

amschmid

Reaction score
I just remembered about selecting "fastboot USB." How do I do that? I don't see that as an option when I start bootloader.

jmeyerchick

Reaction score
Trouble with step 11

I have completed everything up to step 10 successfully. When I put in the fastboot code, no big block of numbers and letters appear. I don't know what to do now. All it says in my command prompt is < waiting for device > and doesn't do anything from there.

Last edited:

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I just remembered about selecting "fastboot USB." How do I do that? I don't see that as an option when I start bootloader.

That really shouldn't be a problem. The bigger issue is the phone not being recognized. Try removing whatever driver you're using and try this one:
http://mypcdominion.com/Files/android/ROM_Tools/HTCDriver3.0.0.007.exe

I have completed everything up to step 10 successfully. When I put in the fastboot code, no big block of numbers and letters appear. I don't know what to do now. All it says in my command prompt is < waiting for device > and doesn't do anything from there.

Same goes for you. Remove the driver that you have loaded and try the one I linked above.

amschmid

Reaction score

privetricey

Reaction score
step 13

ok so i was following all of the steps exactly and i completed step 12 and got the right response on command prompt but the phone isnt going to the right screen

jimvalen68

Reaction score
Stuck on step 11 for unlocking the bootlloader

I really enjoy your forum here and it's instructions to unlock the bootloader. I am getting to the end of the process to unlock my HTC Rezound and Root is when I am stuck. can't figure out what is the issue. This is where I am at ;

I just got my '' The key to unlocking your HTC Device '' email with the Unlock_Code.Bin attachment. I click to download it ( with Firefox browser) and it says that it will open in Notepad. Then I download the file, put that file into my created file where my fastboots are in, I run the CMD unlock code Bin. Nothing happens. It just will say that it is not found and then it just displays nothing when I try it again. I get a few different responses in the CMD and then nothing.

it seems like I am '' saving or downloading the Unlock Code Bin file from the HTC email in the wrong format or way? When I go to save the file from the HTC email should I use a specific format, notepad, WORD, PDF, so when I copy it into my fastboots file, it will be recognized by CMD when I run the fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin command? It is fairly obvious that it is not in a format that can be recognized. The step 13 '' unlock bootloader '' screen has never blessed the screen of my phone...yet.

Thank you in advance for the help.
James

green13

Reaction score
maybe im totally overlooking something on this page but i dont see anything along the lines of a token field or a submit button . can someone please help?

acejavelin

Reaction score
maybe im totally overlooking something on this page but i dont see anything along the lines of a token field or a submit button . can someone please help?
Assuming you mean on HTCdev.com, it is on page 3 of the steps you have to go through on the website... see attached screen capture

AriseEVE

Reaction score
hello, trying to unlock bootloader on htc rezound, i follow the guide on htcdev, power off the phone, press and hold vol-down key then power key but nothing happens, only short buzz phone screen stays black... after that cant even start phone normally until i remove the batary... tried it like 20 times same everytime... help please

acejavelin

Reaction score
hello, trying to unlock bootloader on htc rezound, i follow the guide on htcdev, power off the phone, press and hold vol-down key then power key but nothing happens, only short buzz phone screen stays black... after that cant even start phone normally until i remove the batary... tried it like 20 times same everytime... help please

Don't connect it to your computer until prompted by the instructions. Enter the boot loader before you plug it in to your PC.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

AriseEVE

Reaction score
Don't connect it to your computer until prompted by the instructions. Enter the boot loader before you plug it in to your PC.

tried either way... even tried to fastboot from command line: adb reboot bootloader it did reboot my phone but phone was starting either into recovery mode or starting normaly.

acejavelin

Reaction score
tried either way... even tried to fastboot from command line: adb reboot bootloader it did reboot my phone but phone was starting either into recovery mode or starting normaly.

Very odd... Both adb command and hardkey combo fail to get into boot loader?

I assume you are locked and stock, as far as you know? What firmware/radios?

AriseEVE

Reaction score
Very odd... Both adb command and hardkey combo fail to get into boot loader?

I assume you are locked and stock, as far as you know? What firmware/radios?
yes phone either starts up normally or goes straight into recovery mode skipping the bootloader menu completely. yes its stock 4.0.3 on it. works on both cdma and gsm. using gsm sim atm.

acejavelin

Reaction score
yes phone either starts up normally or goes straight into recovery mode skipping the bootloader menu completely. yes its stock 4.0.3 on it. works on both cdma and gsm. using gsm sim atm.

Have you tried it with the SIM removed?