how to unroot/get rid of clockwork recovery mod (green screen when i turn on my phone

OP
G

googlepimp

Reaction score
Sbf=system base file....turns ur phone to out of the box fresh....use it...love it....it will update after you finish...and the steps are the same to sbf any and every phone...but, if u need a walkthro...pm me and I will assist however I can

I was looking at your post on how to sbf or w/e lol and it said i need the correct dirvers for my phone... what would that be like what's the name of the driver i need to get also, after you pull your battery out (if needed) in your last step you posted and then you dial the number again... wouldn't the same thing come up again? where you have to connection to someone from verizon?

Last edited:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you look for the sbf tutorial you will find the link for the moto drivers if you don't already have them

Sent from my rooted DROID2

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you search for sbf tutorial you will find it. Find spaz on the forums. His 3rd signature has what you need. It has a link to rsd lite 4.9, the drivers and the sbf file. Make sure you get the full one.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go motorola site and go to drivers and sync and download them from there

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also search for TBH triple threat. Its all there too

OP
G

googlepimp

Reaction score
If you look for the sbf tutorial you will find the link for the moto drivers if you don't already have them

nice thanx i got all of it now... i got a different rsdlite cuz the one he had was an older version

OP
G

googlepimp

Reaction score
so now i just want to know this before i attempt to do it, after i complete all the steps to do the sbf thing will i need to take my phone in for activation? Also, before i do this any risks of like anything lol?

Last edited:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have never sbfd yet. I just set it all up to practice just in case something went wrong. But from what I understand from reading a lot is no you don't have to take it in. You just set up the phone like when you first got it. If there is no service there is a code to get you back on the network. I think it's *22.... something I can't remember. Just check for it. I hope this helps. I've been doing a lot of research on this stuff cause I want to flash my first rom but I read a lot of people having problems cause they weren't prepared. I don't want that to happen to me!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have never sbfd yet. I just set it all up to practice just in case something went wrong. But from what I understand from reading a lot is no you don't have to take it in. You just set up the phone like when you first got it. If there is no service there is a code to get you back on the network. I think it's *22.... something I can't remember. Just check for it. I hope this helps. I've been doing a lot of research on this stuff cause I want to flash my first rom but I read a lot of people having problems cause they weren't prepared. I don't want that to happen to me!

Right, for no service *228 option 1 will activate your phone but IIRC the OP was stuck at boot.

Edit, ok I reread the first post and his problem is he can't shake what's left over from the bootstraps and for that he has to sbf.

OP
G

googlepimp

Reaction score

Right, for no service *228 option 1 will activate your phone but IIRC the OP was stuck at boot.

Edit, ok I reread the first post and his problem is he can't shake what's left over from the bootstraps and for that he has to sbf.

ahh ic thank you very much I will do the process later on maybe next weekend when I have more time

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you want to totally get rid of bootstrap there is a way I read about. I believe you use root explorer go in and delete the Hijack file and change the logwrapper file to something. Its in the forums i just don't know exactly what it is. But you can get rid of it without sbf

OP
G

googlepimp

Reaction score
Any tips on how to find that forum post? Lol oh and what's bootswrapper?

chrisl20

Reaction score
Bootstrapper =clockwork recovery,...the droid2/x/global version....and* 228 may not initially work, it didn't for me...it brought me to a collect call menu, so I hadto pull my battery for 30 seconds and try again...it worked, but idk if the verizon rep I was talking to opened my device up for reactivation or it was just the batt pull...either way... ...and the BEST way to find that thread...is the search button....this entire thread subject is elsewhere also

OP
G

googlepimp

Reaction score
hmm k thank you very much which way do u suggest? The sbf method or the other one