HTC Announces ICS Device Specific Update Plans

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
htcics.png

Verizon Wireless Customers holding the HTC Rhyme, HTC Thunderbolt, DROID Incredible 2, and the HTC Rezound can breathe a sigh of relief. On HTC's Facebook page they have just announced the handsets are scheduled to receive the 4.0.x update. Although no timeframes were given, it should give those who have been wondering if their devices would be updated some piece of mind.

In addition to Verizon's line-up of HTC handsets, the HTC Raider is on the list to receive ICS for customers of Rogers and Bell in Canada.

thanks bazar6!

Via: Facebook

Last edited by a moderator:

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
woohoo!!! A few devs have ICS working on the tbolt right now, but no data or camera, so this would be awesome whenever it happens, or whenever it leaks :icon_ banana:DancingNexus

*And thanks for the credit ;)

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I don't know why they are lagging on this... by the time some of these devices would be updated, there will be Jelly Bean devices showing up..

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I don't know why they are lagging on this... by the time some of these devices would be updated, there will be Jelly Bean devices showing up..
DigiTimes has not been the most reliable sources of information so I'd take that rumor with the proverbial............. :smile-b:

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
good ..i bet i get a new phone by the time ICS rolls out for thunderbolt

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I don't have a Thunderbolt myself, but my wife does and I am very surprised and happy the TBolt is getting some ICS love.

warped1987

Reaction score
Woo-hop my Dinc2 might see some love. If I don't get rid of it before then. Haha. I have a feeling its going to be a while. And who really cares with 5.0 jellybean coming out eventually

Sent from my HTC Droid FRICKEN Incredible 2 using Droid Forums App

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
You know what would be really cool...

If the Incredible, DX, D2, and Pro all got ICS. Officially.

smokey1336

Reaction score
You know what would really be cool....

Yea if HTC gave us what they promised when they sold the device (thunderbolt) UPGARDE TO BLUETOOTH 3.0 Coming Soon....... is that in a "theater near you" Well I guess there are no theaters near anyone !!!!!! and for ICS coming for all these devices I mean really comeon give me a break upgrading from system to system I guess the HTC developers either have ADHD and just cant finish a project or get to stoned and just plain forget what thier doing so on to the next project.....Really has there been a BUG Free STABLE version HTC has put out I dont think so. If it werent for the 12 year old kids in the dev community they may have never had a stable release for any android. And it seams the same on other devices especially the droid 1 even motos last MOTO Build for D1 Was buggy did they fix? no the dev in the commuinty did. So for all the Corp Nimrods just release the source code and let the community fix it then put on your devices.........(blowing Off Steam).................

!!!!!!!Guess What HTC just relesed ICS for all devices but nothing works updates rolling out soon...............................!!!!!!!

kparks

Reaction score
Yea if HTC gave us what they promised when they sold the device (thunderbolt) UPGARDE TO BLUETOOTH 3.0 Coming Soon....... is that in a "theater near you" Well I guess there are no theaters near anyone !!!!!! and for ICS coming for all these devices I mean really comeon give me a break upgrading from system to system I guess the HTC developers either have ADHD and just cant finish a project or get to stoned and just plain forget what thier doing so on to the next project.....Really has there been a BUG Free STABLE version HTC has put out I dont think so. If it werent for the 12 year old kids in the dev community they may have never had a stable release for any android. And it seams the same on other devices especially the droid 1 even motos last MOTO Build for D1 Was buggy did they fix? no the dev in the commuinty did. So for all the Corp Nimrods just release the source code and let the community fix it then put on your devices.........(blowing Off Steam).................

!!!!!!!Guess What HTC just relesed ICS for all devices but nothing works updates rolling out soon...............................!!!!!!!

Lol all my HTC devices have worked pretty good and the moto dx on my plan has not had many problems either

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

npro1464

Reaction score
:icon_ banana: woo! Hopefully it won't take to long to drop/get leaked.