HTC Rezound wifi issue PLEASE HELP!

hostxadvantagex

Reaction score
Have a rezound rooted running cleanrom ics and as soon as I boot up my phone the WiFi just says "turning WiFi on" and it never actually turns on I can't get into the WiFi settings or even turn it off so it drains my battery since its constantly trying to connect. Even tried going into airplane mode and it still says the same thing. Any help would be amazing since I use WiFi 99 percent of the time (no 4g on my area and 3g is slower than molasses)

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can't get into wifi settings? How so exactly?

OP
H

hostxadvantagex

Reaction score
You can't access the settings for WiFi unless its currently on its just grayed out since its constantly trying to turn on and never actually turns on

OP
H

hostxadvantagex

Reaction score
Unless you're aware of another way to access the WiFi settings that I don't know about which would be awesome

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK I think I see what you're saying...

From the home screen, when you do menu>settings and see the Wifi toggle on the top right, click on the actual wifi word on the left. (maybe this is the part you were referring to). When you click on the word, it pulls up with the message "to show available networks, turn wifi on" (or however it's worded), hit menu, then go to advanced. Under advanced, see if "avoid weak networks" is checked (again, might be slightly off on the verbiage!). See if any of the other settings in there might help as well.

OP
H

hostxadvantagex

Reaction score
I can get to advanced and have it set to avoid weak networks, but it didn't help. I believe it to be the auto WiFi connect but since I can't access the normal WiFi settings I can't turn it off so it just constantly tries to turn on, which is destroying my battery dropped about 40% in an hour

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has it been like that since you flashed Scott's Clean ICS?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
H

hostxadvantagex

Reaction score
No it had been working fine for the past few weeks since I flashed it then last night I flashed the newest version (3.7 I believe) AMD my phone would get stuck at the boot animation. I tried going into recovery and restoring my backup but my recovery was broken (would show the main Cwm Menu but when I went into a category the screen was blank) so I flashed amon ra and reinstallled cleanrom 3.1 at which point the current issue began immediately

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wipe clean between flashes?

I'm digging through my Rezound to see if there's a process or app that could be killed. There's gotta be something, and I feel like I'm missing something easy...

Obviously, worst case, you could do a full wipe and reflash. You could try JUST wiping cache in recovery as well.

Wait, have you tried adding the wifi toggle widget or the power control widget (that has a wifi toggle built in) to your home screen and toggling either of those?

OP
H

hostxadvantagex

Reaction score
Yeah I tried the widget make a difference. I was thinking a wipe and reflash would be the most likely solution just trying to see if there was another fix before going that route

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Man, I feel like I'm missing something obvious still, but it might be worth a wipe/reflash at this point. :(

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
3.7 is smooth as butter and seems pretty bug free so far. Probably worth a clean wipe to reflash it.

OP
H

hostxadvantagex

Reaction score
Yeah I think that's probably the only option at this point. On a side note I just reflashed clockworkmod recovery and it is still broken, is there a known issue with cwm for the resound?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Honestly I've only ever used am on ra, so I don't know for sure. I've only had the Rezound a week and done just enough to flash the latest ICS.

OP
H

hostxadvantagex

Reaction score
So I finally decided to just go ahead and do a full wipe and reflash cleanrom 3.7 and everything is working fine now. Thanks for the help