HTC Thunderbolt release ahead of schedule!

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
htc-thunderbolt-vz-tweet.jpg

Well this is good news for HTC Thunderbolt fans, Verizon has tweeted this morning the HTC Thunderbolt 4G "May be sooner than we expected!". An official launch date has not been mentioned but the latest from the rumormill was suggesting rumors are suggesting the middle of February (Feb 14th?).

For more discussions, be sure to check out the Thunderbolt forum on DroidForums.net: HTC ThunderBolt - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Source: Verizon Wireless (VerizonWireless) on Twitter

fishfood

Reaction score
First! This announcement comes on the heels of me deciding to make the TB my next phone!

Sent from Oz using DroidForums App

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Even if you don't want the Thunderbolt, an early release will at least force them to release the LTE data plan pricing. I'm only curious about the pricing, as I'm not eligible for a new phone until July and there is no date released for LTE in my area.

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree pricing will be nice to have.. went to a Verizon store yesterday jsut to take a stab at it and they refused to say anything on 4G pricing for phones.. I am just hoping that what others heard about it being same for now will hold true at $30... If so then I will be on this..

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Even if you don't want the Thunderbolt, an early release will at least force them to release the LTE data plan pricing. I'm only curious about the pricing, as I'm not eligible for a new phone until July and there is no date released for LTE in my area.
Technically that's when I'm eligible for an upgrade, which is in July because I got my droid 1 back in november 2009

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Technically that's when I'm eligible for an upgrade, which is in July because I got my droid 1 back in November 2009.

I can take advantage of the early upgrade program one last time. If you are in the same boat that I'm in you too can take advantage of the early upgrade program.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Technically that's when I'm eligible for an upgrade, which is in July because I got my droid 1 back in November 2009.

I can take advantage of the early upgrade program one last time. If you are in the same boat that I'm in you too can take advantage of the early upgrade program.

I got my early upgrade eligible email the day before they did away with it (jan 16th) couldn't believe my luck!
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm not due for an upgrade untill August, but my wife did just ask me what I want for Valentine's Day :biggrin:
I see a full price Thunderbolt going on my list (she owes me big time). I'll save my upgrade for a dual core with an unlocked bootloader.

motty69

Reaction score
I'm due for an upgrade in May, but I can get early upgrade pricing now I believe. The real problem is the fact that the last two times I upgraded I did it early and did not get my NE2. The NE2 that will be available to me in May is my last chance, NE2 is dead for me after that one. I've told myself I want to wait on principle, but when that income tax check arrives, it's gonna be difficult not to kiss that $100 savings goodbye again so I can can a TBolt in my hot little hands.

I'd be able to make my wife jealous in the process to, that's gotta be worth $100! :)

Reaction score
And just when I was about to throw in the towel and jump on an Iphone4. Yeah yeah, I know, but I have had an upgrade available since july of last year and suffering threw this BBS1/BBS2 Hell for too long. Need a new phone, just not sure how much longer I can hold out...

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
But but but VZW would NEVER release anything for several months while they push the IPhone exclusively...

From a selfish perspective, I hope the Thunderbolt gets crushed and VZW has to get aggressive with promos and early upgrades to show LTE subscriptions to investors. Of course, I'm dual-core or bust.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^lol.

But yea, the sooner it comes out the sooner we get to hear about LTE pricing.

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
I hate to say it.. but the TB will be the best phone verizon has and will be for a while. The Moto phones are POS's and everyone knows it except the moto fannies.