HTC: Thunderbolt to get GB this month

ajk23az

Reaction score
For all you non-rooted people....maybe eve some rooted ones I suppose...

Good news for all of the HTC DROID Incredible and ThunderBolt owners on Verizon: Gingerbread is on its way. HTC announced on its Twitter account today that both the Incredible and ThunderBolt will be getting updated to Android 2.3 in September. No exact dates for the rollouts were given, but this September time frame is certainly more information than we've had in the past.

HTC: DROID Incredible, ThunderBolt Gingerbread updates coming in September | PhoneDog

Rhino94

Reaction score
The dinc users already got theirs where is ours now?? I'm so tired of waiting for this crap

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

SkippyBoy217

Reaction score
I'd root but I don't know how lol

Sent from my thunderbolt using DroidForums

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Google search ;)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

lxJGTxl

Reaction score
Find a YouTube video on how and make sure its a more recent date for the most recent ways how to. Also look at comments to see how good the process is. That's what I did. :)

sent from my HTC INFECTED Synergy Bolt using DroidForums

SkippyBoy217

Reaction score
Wow thanks guys!! Thanks the help and being friendly!! :D lol

Sent from my thunderbolt using DroidForums

hatephil

Reaction score
Friend has mytouch 4g with GB. I hate the look of it i.e. 3D screens, and silver circle lockscreen. Can the screen swipe be disabled, and the lock screen theme changed without rooting?

DROID11

Reaction score
Honestly I'm getting impatient, which I normally scold people for being impatient. Its absurd that the original incredible has gb but the thunderbolt doesn't. I would root but my laptop is worthless and won't even download the HTC drivers correctly so I can't do any of the root methods. Oh well, in January (next upgrade on my account) I'm going with a nexus device to ensure a real Android experience.

PLRLONELY

Reaction score
HTC might have some Kick Ass phones, but it sucks when it comes to keeping up to date with the latest OS, look we are still waiting on. Gingerbread. When Ice Cream Sandwich is coming out in October, so by that it means that the T/B won't be seeing ICS till what next summer, when I will already be eligible for another upgrade....... Man I'm getting a Motorola phone next....... Unless HTC starts stepping up.....

rickt1152

Reaction score
I am looking forward to the GB ota, however, my T Bolt has been perfect since the MR2 update. Full FFC integration will be nice, but really no complaints with current performance.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

Reaction score
I agree, my Thunderbolt is great. I don't understand all the hate because we haven't received an incremental os upgrade.

Why yes; that is a Thunderbolt in my pocket.

kparks

Reaction score
HTC might have some Kick Ass phones, but it sucks when it comes to keeping up to date with the latest OS, look we are still waiting on. Gingerbread. When Ice Cream Sandwich is coming out in October, so by that it means that the T/B won't be seeing ICS till what next summer, when I will already be eligible for another upgrade....... Man I'm getting a Motorola phone next....... Unless HTC starts stepping up.....

HTC is in the top 2 if not the best. when it comes to supporting and updating there devices ... The incredible has been out for over a year and there still supporting it..so get your facts straight before u start complaining its Verizon's falt they keep wanting to add bloat ware crap.