I can see the battery meter drain before my eyes...

fchowd0696

Reaction score
I just want to make sure this is not a defective battery or phone. I have been surfing the web for about 30 minutes now and my battery meter has drained from about 80% to now 50%. My brightness is on the lowest settings. The gps is off and wifi is off. The current apps running in the background according to advanced task killer is the browser, youtube and messeging. if I need to relay more info please tell me so I can receive a proper answer.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just want to make sure this is not a defective battery or phone. I have been surfing the web for about 30 minutes now and my battery meter has drained from about 80% to now 50%. My brightness is on the lowest settings. The gps is off and wifi is off. The current apps running in the background according to advanced task killer is the browser, youtube and messeging. if I need to relay more info please tell me so I can receive a proper answer.

There is a known bug in Droid where the battery will give out false readings. One moment your at 80% the next your at 5%. If this happens it's just a bug, reset your device and you should be OK.