i hate verizon right now.no foxfi. stupid kit kat

candi.ultra.girl

Reaction score
ease keep me advised as to when/if there is a way to work foxfi after the update. I accident my clicked upgraded and now I'm screwed. I can't get on my laptop or operate the media boxes. Guess I gotta call and waste the extra $30 for hotspot. Makes me sick that Verizon keeps telling me what I can and can't do with the phone I paid for!!

clintro

Reaction score
Foxfi will work in tether or bluetooth mode (bluetooth is slow)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
ease keep me advised as to when/if there is a way to work foxfi after the update. I accident my clicked upgraded and now I'm screwed. I can't get on my laptop or operate the media boxes. Guess I gotta call and waste the extra $30 for hotspot. Makes me sick that Verizon keeps telling me what I can and can't do with the phone I paid for!!

Are you rooted?

clintro

Reaction score
I don't think you will lose unlimited if you purchase the hot spot feature.

You shouldn't use your Hotspot as your home Internet connection.... Just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions. Lol

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You will not lose unlimited data. If you have limited data then there is no charge for the wifi tether feature. If you have unlimited data then you have to pay for the feature. That is how the process works. If you are rooted then you can install Xposed framework and a module to bypass what they call the "entitlement check", and allow to to tether for free either way.

I don't think you will lose unlimited if you purchase the hot spot feature.

You shouldn't use your Hotspot as your home Internet connection.... Just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions. Lol

OP
C

candi.ultra.girl

Reaction score
I'm just stock like the phone came. I added the hotspot until fixfi can work with KitKat I'm paying $30 extra a month and still have my grandfathered in unlimited data.

clintro

Reaction score
You will not lose unlimited data. If you have limited data then there is no charge for the wifi tether feature. If you have unlimited data then you have to pay for the feature. That is how the process works. If you are rooted then you can install Xposed framework and a module to bypass what they call the "entitlement check", and allow to to tether for free either way.

That is what I thought.... Someone else said you can't get it anymore.