I HAVE SOLVED MY BATTERY PROBLEM!!! And maybe yours???

Imprezive

Turned off:

-Google location services
-VZW Location services
-Share Picture location
-WI-FI Off
-Battery Mode:Maximum Battery Saver

After this 12 hours only dropped to 80 % with minimal usage.

Just noticed that at the top of the battery stats there is a little graph. Tap it and it becomes full screen and gives you some interesting usage data.

How do you reset the battery stats? Want to know if I got rid of that annoying location thing.

The most interesting thing (to me) about the larger graph is that below the graph it has a color coded bar showing wireless signal strength over time.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
The larger graph shows a bunch of stats. The grey is your battery going up or down. The times when you have no phone signal you can see a white line. When you look under the graph it tells you phone signal, GPS on, WIfi, Awake Times, Screen on Times, and Charging times.

Very useful.

The most interesting thing (to me) about the larger graph is that below the graph it has a color coded bar showing wireless signal strength over time.

ambrown

I even turn off 3G sometimes when I'm not using data, that seems to improve battery life as well. But the number one battery saver for me? Turning down the brightness level of my screen. That does way more life sucking than anything else on my phone. Looking at the "battery use" menu tells me that even still when I turn it down the screen is the number one battery life killer.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Apparently the solution posted to end that app worked for me. Thank for the link.

Screen will always use the most battery and on the og Droid I turned it down but ended up changing back to auto.

So far the Bionic seems to do a good job.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

mikespe

For me its Cell Standby & Phone Idle being the battery hogs...48% & 44% are the numbers...is that kind of high for those 2 things?

yiannis

Silly question. I'm rooted, how do I uninstall social location? What commands do I want to use in the terminal emulator?

Darev

I was having a batter problem too late last week and over the weekend. What fixed it for me was turning the notification "push/update" option to every 60 minutes. it was just "on" prior to that and I think it was pinging for updates pretty continually.

gsDroid

Silly question. I'm rooted, how do I uninstall social location? What commands do I want to use in the terminal emulator?
I can't help with term emu commands, but if you get Root Explorer or Titanium Backup you can easily block the social apps. TiBu is the easiest because you can freeze the Social Location 2.0 app. I froze all the Social apps. With Root Explorer, you can rename the .apk to .bak to disable the app. You do have to know the internal name of the apk though. It is not called Social Location 2.0 in the /system/app partition. Anyone know what the apk name is?

yiannis

I can't help with term emu commands, but if you get Root Explorer or Titanium Backup you can easily block the social apps. TiBu is the easiest because you can freeze the Social Location 2.0 app. I froze all the Social apps. With Root Explorer, you can rename the .apk to .bak to disable the app. You do have to know the internal name of the apk though. It is not called Social Location 2.0 in the /system/app partition. Anyone know what the apk name is?

TiBu is like $7! Juice Defender blocks all wireless communications, it just takes a few seconds to restart the LTE that's all.

SupraRZ95

Uuuhhhhhmmmmm. I could swear all droid phones that have wifi enabled it looks every 30 60 second intervals for a open connection. Throw this process in a couple houndred times a day and your battery isn't lasting. Turning the wifi off should be a no brainer. Gps and data are really the only 2 things that should be on 24/7.

x.sys

mikespe

I was having a batter problem too late last week and over the weekend. What fixed it for me was turning the notification "push/update" option to every 60 minutes. it was just "on" prior to that and I think it was pinging for updates pretty continually.

Thanks for this tip! I didn't even know those settings were there (they are under settings/Battery/Data Delivery)