I know this is simple but...

ThemApples

Reaction score
I can't figure out how to change my Gmail email to only fetch emails when I manually request. I seem to remember a setting that could be changed from check email every 1 minute up to turn off completely and do it manually. Does anyone recall how to change this setting, I can't seem to find it in the Gmail settings or phone settings.

Thanks!

Kryptyk

Reaction score
ya man, its pretty simple. Open up your "options" then go to accounts and sync. There you will find the accounts that you have sync'd to your phone such as your gmail, outlook, facebook or what every account you have sync'd. You can then just select the account there and it will go into it's settings.

OP
T

ThemApples

Reaction score
Thanks Kryptic, unfortunately I doesn't seem to be working for me. There's an option in the "data manager" section of my settings that says "Application data delivery" and under that is "Email and Corporate Sync", this is where I thought I could change the option to sync manually but it's grayed out and I'm not able to get into it.

jonathon1289

Reaction score
Data Push must be unchecked. I have a corporate account setup and I am able to open the above settings and change to manually or set a time. However, Gmail is always a constant push (on my phone at least) UNLESS Auto Synch is disabled (Use the power widget to control this)