I NEED to get rid of clockwork

cdroidx33dig

Reaction score
i rooted my droid x a while ago. installed the update and did a factory reset so i think i lost root. and now i need to send in the phone for a warranty replacement. i have 4 days left to drop it in the mail before verizon charges me their $500+ fine. so i dont have root, but every time i boot the phone clock work starts. im thinking verizon isnt going to like this so i need to get rid of it. i couldnt find much to help me. and atm im having a hard time re rooting it and obtaining super user

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You need to reroot, dl root explorer or another root file manager. Go to system/bin (make sure you click the r/w option so you can modify files). Go to the hijack file and delete it. Then delete the logwrapper file and rename the logwrapper.bin file to just logwrapper.
That will uninstall it!

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8-DroidForums addict

OP
C

cdroidx33dig

Reaction score
is there any free file manager that i can use. cuz i just reset my phone and i didnt connect my gmail account and i dont have my credit card

ziltoid

Reaction score
Use Super Manager

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
C

cdroidx33dig

Reaction score
okay thanks guys. i owe you. ill let you know how it works

OP
C

cdroidx33dig

Reaction score
everything appears to be normal. but will verizon be able to find out if i rooted or not? or will they just not care?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Personally if it was me, I'd sbf if i needed to send a phone back, but if you got rid of clockwork, made sure you defrosted bloatware, boot logo/animation is normal and unrooted, you should be good.

Tone_Capone

Reaction score
+1 on Sbf'ing. That's the best way to make sure you have out-of-the-box software on the phone

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah its one thing to want to get rid of clockwork for your own sake (can't imagine why anyone would want to unroot!), but if you have to send it in on a warranty claim, you bet your arse id sbf!