ICS has caused major battery drain

helron

Reaction score
Anyone else noticing a major drain since ICS?
LTE kills my battery.
Wifi keeps dropping.
Let-CMDA keep dropping signal.
No push or pulls are running. All manual.
Deleted more apps than anyone should need to do!
Is this a lemon install for me?
Pls offer some suggestions -oither than buying a new SamsungIII LOL

toddbrooks515

Reaction score
helron said:
Anyone else noticing a major drain since ICS?
LTE kills my battery.
Wifi keeps dropping.
Let-CMDA keep dropping signal.
No push or pulls are running. All manual.
Deleted more apps than anyone should need to do!
Is this a lemon install for me?
Pls offer some suggestions -oither than buying a new SamsungIII LOL

My battery drains fast with ICS as well...i've lowered the display and everything else and nothing is making it better

mustangdroid

Reaction score
Yup i had the same problem when i had the leak version in it too. I tried a lot of things like battery calibration and letting it die and charge it but nothing. Ics is a battery killer. Other problems i have are:

Screen gets really hot after some heavy usage. I even had an alert about the screen temperature. Never had a problem like that with GB.
Scree won't always time out when I'm in a call. Very annoying.
Automatic brightness its weird. Screen gets really bright or dark in any lighting.
Keyboard is inaccurate. I'll be misspellings a lot now.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Hit or miss it seems, I charged my phone 4:00pm (yesterday) it is now 8:12pm and I am at 60% battery. I downloaded ICS about 9am this morning so that used battery in itself.

This phone is Amazing. It was in sleep mode overnight via smart actions.

Erik_TheRed

Reaction score
My battery life has shortened dramatically as well. Lasted about 4 hours from 100% to 0% with almost no usage (wifi on, screen off, idling). And when I check the battery usage charts it says Media is using 87% of my battery, everything else <4%. Also it's taking forever to charge when it's turned on.

AndroidKachi7

Reaction score
Yeah, I've noticed the battery drains faster. I'm sure a fix is coming. For now, keep your chargers with you. I always have one around.

OP
H

helron

Reaction score
Any more news as to why battery dikinishes after install of ICS? i also tried new ICS leak 215 (found on these boards) and it seems to crawl even more!!!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Folks, most people who've upgraded to ICS via the Over The Air update (OTA), to version .211 have been less than impressed. There is however an alternative for you that will get you to the latest "leaked" official update version .215 (not yet released by Verizon/Motorola), and you will see much better battery life as well as a large number of other issues resolved. Frankly it is highly confusing as to why they haven't actually released the .215 version as an official OTA update, since it's far better than the .211 that's out there now.

Go to http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/217843-mattyps-215-leak-classroom.html and join in on the fun, read and learn. You will not be disappointed. MattyP (one of my "students") has created the thread and you will see myself and many of the really knowledgeable members in there all working to get people moved to .215.

Good luck! :biggrin:

OP
H

helron

Reaction score
Hi Foxkat....battery still awful.
1. After Moto ICS upgrade, battery quickly drains
2. Installed Matys 215 Leak, hoping to solve issue, but now battery dies sooner!
3. Tested last night, full battery, Smartactions/sleep disabled, all data on, with 4g. Result, completely DEAD battery 8 hours later. Sad!
If I factory reset, will 215 be there, or will I need reinstall? Do u think Factory reset will help? Should I clear cache first -before reset and test at that pint?
Any help, ideas, appreciated.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, after doing an fdr .215 will still be there. And yes, definitely should do an fdr. ICS was a major upgrade and should have been part of the upgrade. An fdr has solved most everyone's problems, including battery drain, after the ICS upgrade.

OP
H

helron

Reaction score
Yes, after doing an fdr .215 will still be there. And yes, definitely should do an fdr. ICS was a major upgrade and should have been part of the upgrade. An fdr has solved most everyone's problems, including battery drain, after the ICS upgrade.
Tahnks, will give it a go. I shoud do it via settings, correct?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Last edited:
OP
H

helron

Reaction score
[h=4]Thanks TMD - just read your tips in above link. Thanks. A Qiestion or two, follows:biggrin:

1. Have question with: After I do the fdr, I first go into play store and make sure it is not automatically installing all my apps and stop if it is... cuz I want to do those one at a time. Usually I discover there are apps I do not use or want anymore this way. But this is not necessary. Unsure of where to disable auto install in Appstore?
[/h]2. Had this from lst FDR, when I first got phone. Forgot if I will lose all files on my removable SDcard. Yes/No? -- It says all imports will bedeeted, but yet says I have option to save Micro SD contents, so I assume my SD removable, is safe from deletion?
(I saved files to my computer, just in case, (Photos, files, etc.)
Factory Data Reset removes everything that was imported, added or installed on the device. Keep in mind, when using this feature everything is deleted. Nothing stored on the MicroSD or the internal phone storage will be affected unless you choose to erase it as well.

Factory Data Reset
  • From the screen of your phone, press the Menu button
  • Tap Settings.
  • Scroll down and tap Privacy
  • Tap Factory Data Reset
  • Check Erase internal storage if you would like to erase all the data on the phone internal storage such as applications, music, movies or photos.
  • Tap Reset Phone

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
1. Yes, I always restore one by one for same reason. Go into settings in play store > my apps... if the apps are automatically installing, just hit stop at the top of the list. Then you can slide panel to the left and all your previously installed apps will be listed.
2. Your removable sdcard is safe. Your internal sdcard should be safe also, unless you hit option to reset that.