ICS port possible with a locked bootloader?

Insidious

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm wondering if its possible to get a direct port of ICS with our current bootloader situation. If not, does anyone have plans to take the reins of cm9? Id be more than happy to help or start it with some guidance.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

skruid

Reaction score
There will be a custom ics rom for this device built to run on gingerbread kernel, it is almost a givin that it will happen

juv3

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm wondering if its possible to get a direct port of ICS with our current bootloader situation. If not, does anyone have plans to take the reins of cm9? Id be more than happy to help or start it with some guidance.

Yes... but the developers for the droid2Globlas keep jumping from froyo to gingerbread to ICS and in overall they do a HALF ASS JOB! They don't update or fix or take a long time to make a one stable Rom... I'm leaving Apex developer out of this

Sent from D2G Rocked by ApeX RC4 using TapaTaLk

OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
That's what I was guessing.

skruid

Reaction score
Liquid for d2g is good, why you hating on people who do this in there free time for free, they are doing us a favour for a better experience, they could just do it for themselfs and we all could be stock

OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
Whoa I love all of the D2G devs, we don't have as many and romming is no easy task. No need to hate.

juv3

Reaction score
Whoa I love all of the D2G devs, we don't have as many and romming is no easy task. No need to hate.

I'm not hating its tuff love lol... they just need to stay on one and make it bug free... that's one reason I haven't donated since my og droid.

skript_kidee

Reaction score
I'd like a true ICS port. One without the GB kernel. I know this is kinda impossible given our locked bootloader but a man can dream...

JBirdVegas

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
d2g has ICS booting and is getting more stable everyday (I know I based my #cm9d2 port off his work) they exist you just have to look

mopar57

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes... but the developers for the droid2Globlas keep jumping from froyo to gingerbread to ICS and in overall they do a HALF ASS JOB! They don't update or fix or take a long time to make a one stable Rom... I'm leaving Apex developer out of this

:soapbox:
Normally I over look these type of comments but I couldn't help it on this one.
Do you have any idea of how much time it takes to make a rom??? And how many dev's actually have jobs or classes to attend?
Try building anything and then let people comment on it....it will be overwhelming.
Also everyone wants the next big thing....so why should someone spend time on something outdated when no one will use it?

If anything you should be thankful for what is been developed and hoping for the best for future stuff. If you dont like it try and help, just dont sit on the sidelines trash talked about what other people try and create!
And dont use " I dont know how to use java, edit xmls, etc as an excuse. Most people learn by downloading, and experimenting...why cant you??

And for every developer and themer out there...THANK-YOU!!!!!
I have learned from everyone's past work, and just asking questions!

I will now get off my soapbox! :soapbox:

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score

Well mopar's comment sums things up nicely. The only thing I want to add, I think all the romers appreciate constructive criticism. Also, I don't know what roms you have tried, but we have CM7, which is very stable, and we have Liquid, which is very stable, and apparently Apex is stable judging by your feedback. Be glad we have those roms and more to choose from considering the locked down nature of our phone. I have seen less locked down phones with fewer roms avaliable. I started on a Moto Backflip and when I left, there was Preclair(based on Moto's Official Eclair) and CM6(CM based on Eclair). Well there were a few others, but some one would slap a few apps in and/or remove a few apps and call it a new ROM so they get really do not deserve mention.

OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
Yeah bikedude is making leaps on cm9. I agree with mopar though with people being impatient. Im looking forward to ics as well because I can't get a Nexus until a few weeks from now. Do you see me complaining? Nope. (That's in lieu to a few individuals on rootzwiki).

Sent from my Cellular telecommunications device, manufactured by Motorola.

OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
Btw I've tried em all. And im very thankful for the dev's hard work. Liquid seems to be one of my favorites.

Sent from my Cellular telecommunications device, manufactured by Motorola.

ExodusC

Reaction score
While I disagree that anyone should be giving the devs here any kind of flak, I can say that it is true that quite a few devs have jumped ship from the D2G to other devices.

Some went gracefully, while I can remember at least one who almost gave the community the finger, in a sense.

Regardless, devs like Bikedude already have ICS ports working on the device, it's all a matter of getting full functionality and bug fixing.

So we need to support, thank, and encourage the devs we have here now.

Sent from my Motorola Droid via Tapatalk.