[ROM] ICS pre pre pre pre pre pre pre pre pre pre Alpha

fzxu2004

Reaction score
Just coming frome XDA to DF. Kind of excited to see some progress right here.
Thanks to all the dedicated devs!
So, what's the situation now? Sound, radio, gps, can anyone make a sum up of what's going on?

mgross029

Reaction score
cush2push said:
Try this not to sure what akops source looks like but try this

In hardware/cm/gps/android.mk

Replace
LOCAL_SRC_FILES += gps/gps.cpp

With
ifneq ($(BOARD_GPS_LIBRARIES),libloc_api)

LOCAL_SRC_FILES += gps/gps.cpp

endif

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Thanks Cush...
I'll give that a try and see what happens.

mgross029

Reaction score
fzxu2004 said:
Just coming frome XDA to DF. Kind of excited to see some progress right here.
Thanks to all the dedicated devs!
So, what's the situation now? Sound, radio, gps, can anyone make a sum up of what's going on?

Trying to build an image off of AOKP source ATM... We'll see what happens.

mgross029

Reaction score
Getting Closer...

Cush,
I was able to get past the gps build problem. In AOKP they did not have a gps.cpp in hardware/cm/gps. They had gps.c. I tried what you had posted using gps.c replacing gps.cpp, but that did not work. Still the same results.

So I looked around and found the source for gps.cpp and created the file under that file structure. I also updated the Android.mk with your exact code. The compile now gets past that point and now gets close to the end from what I can tell, but I am getting the following error on recovery_from_boot.p... Anymore ideas? Thanks.

Code:
make: *** [out/target/product/sholes/obj/PACKAGING/recovery_patch_intermediates/recovery_from_boot.p] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

OP
cush2push

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Getting Closer...

Cush,
I was able to get past the gps build problem. In AOKP they did not have a gps.cpp in hardware/cm/gps. They had gps.c. I tried what you had posted using gps.c replacing gps.cpp, but that did not work. Still the same results.

So I looked around and found the source for gps.cpp and created the file under that file structure. I also updated the Android.mk with your exact code. The compile now gets past that point and now gets close to the end from what I can tell, but I am getting the following error on recovery_from_boot.p... Anymore ideas? Thanks.

Code:
make: *** [out/target/product/sholes/obj/PACKAGING/recovery_patch_intermediates/recovery_from_boot.p] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Is it a blocks dont match error? Any chance you could pastebin it for me?

mgross029

Reaction score
I ran into the same problem computer went down before I could see if this commit would solve it.
https://github.com/rhcp011235/platform_build/commit/fe401f679b8fa573f8420b6f479e08e3fb6ad3e6

Thanks for giving me this information. It did not fix the problem but it helped be do some further problem discovery. All of the code was already commented out except the first two lines they had displayed. I commented those as well but still received the same error. I also try to make some changes to the /build/core/Makefile but that didn't work either, so I just commented out the portion in the Makefile that was calling this and bam it got past that error. Then on to the next error acp: file 'out/target/product/sholes/bootloader' does not exist After working on that one for a while I just commented it out in the Makefile too and continued to compile. Believe or not I got all the way through with a flashable image. Loaded it up and it is having trouble with the launcher keeps FC... But it does boot... :biggrin: For some reason this built with Launcher2... Tried changing it to Trebuchet but still getting FC.

I see the battery and clock... The walpaper goes up and down with the FC from the launcher. I can expand the notification bar and see the settings buttons. GPS and Rotation are enabled, but Wifi and BT won't enable.

Did a nandroid restore of my previous system (kfazz Jan05 - since it was working) then loaded this build over it, but only got boot ani...

Still working on it though...

Last edited:
OP
cush2push

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Congrats on the booting rom brother!!!!!

mgross029

Reaction score
cush2push said:
Congrats on the booting rom brother!!!!!

Thanks... Couldn't have done it without your assistance. I'll keep trying different things until I get something workable. Let me know if you have any ideas of things to try.

Sam123

Reaction score
Any chance you could post a download link to the AOKP rom you made? Thanks.

mgross029

Reaction score
Sam123 said:
Any chance you could post a download link to the AOKP rom you made? Thanks.

I can post a link, but it might be a little bit. Traveling atm...

Before I left I was working on a new image but there were some compile errors I was still working through. I will post the other rom as soon as I can.

Update:
Below is a link to the rom that was built from AOKP source and device_android_motorola_sholes repo from Cush.

Many thanks to Cush for the help getting the build to complete. This build should boot but that is about it. The launcher keeps crashing

Have fun and not respnsible for any problems with your phones. Also, the battery seems to drain pretty fast and the indicator still shows full.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/45928762/generic_sholes_build-37.zip

Last edited:

Sam123

Reaction score
I can post a link, but it might be a little bit. Traveling atm...

Before I left I was working on a new image but there were some compile errors I was still working through. I will post the other rom as soon as I can.

Update:
Below is a link to the rom that was built from AOKP source and device_android_motorola_sholes repo from Cush.

Many thanks to Cush for the help getting the build to complete. This build should boot but that is about it. The launcher keeps crashing

Have fun and not respnsible for any problems with your phones. Also, the battery seems to drain pretty fast and the indicator still shows full.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/45928762/generic_sholes_build-37.zip

Thanks! I guess I'll try it when I can spare a moment. But if the launcher crashes, then you can't do much lol

mgross029

Reaction score
Sam123 said:
Thanks! I guess I'll try it when I can spare a moment. But if the launcher crashes, then you can't do much lol

yep but its always fun to test... :)

drewrivera

Reaction score
Already tested and yes there's nothing you can do with it. Especially that the colors are reversed but I wouldn't mind having ice cream on yellow with both the phone and camera working. Kang is still the better pre,pre,pre, ice cream. Keep up your awesome work though guys.

d1 milestoner