ICS this week?

Reaction score
Really though it makes sense for them to delay until after the release of the RAZR HD. It's a great opportunity for them to boost sales of the predictably higher priced HD.

mokes

Reaction score
Seems to me that they should let the Razr owners in on ICS before the HD is out.

Reaction score
mokes said:
Seems to me that they should let the Razr owners in on ICS before the HD is out.

Based on how everyone is acting a delay might also make current RAZR owners upgrade early to the HD which would force them to get rid of unlimited data.

Unless, of course, they did a full price upgrade.

mokes

Reaction score
I think that the issue is that people were given a very strong impression that ICS would be out way sooner than this when the Razr first came out for sale.

Verizon has been more than unhelpful and basically oblivious to the clamor over ICS and that's no good, but par for course with them. A little accurate info and an update or two would go a looooooong way for people imo.

Last edited:

Ryan46and2

Reaction score
I emailed Motorola directly to see what they had to say. Here is their reply: "Dear Ryan, Thanks for reaching out to Motorola. I do apologize but we currently do not have any notifications regarding the exact release date of the Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade for the Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX but it is set to roll out this month. It will be an over the air updgrade for your phone. You will receive a notification on your RAZR when the upgrade is available for download as long as you have an active data connection on your device. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. Please continue to check the Motorola website and forums as these will have the most up-to-date information. We will post the update and it's detail on this link: http://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c

Reaction score
LOL....Motorola never promised anything. The tentative release date is Q2, but we are all smart enough to know that it is subject to change, and it probably will.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
The Droid X came out July 2010 with Froyo and didnt get GB until June 2011. Slow Moto ... Sloto!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Despite the moto agreement, when the emails go out, people always post all over the place... stuff like.. well the invites have gone out....

NOT... WELL THIS SITE SAID...

Because they know THEY received an invite to participate. So when the invites go out... there will be a HUGE clamor started... this has been being waited on for half a year...

When this goes into the soak stage... everyone will be hearing lots about it... actually from before.. as I said, the invites will cause a storm.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Phandroid is saying that soak tests have begun? True/false?

Testers receive new RAZR/RAZR MAXX ICS builds

I don't believe it has. Though those that get invited for soak test aren't allowed to confirm, deny or discuss. Of course there are always gonna be a few that break the confidentiality agreement. I can say I have not received an invite for this one if there is one. But that doesn't mean there isn't one either.

Tap'd from my G'Tab 8.9

thebeeobee

Reaction score
But what's with that screen shot? Is that what it looks like when you flash a leak? I'm not experienced with that, but it appears to be an OTA, no?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Phandroid is saying that soak tests have begun? True/false?

Testers receive new RAZR/RAZR MAXX ICS builds

It's doesn't say the soak test has started. The article is poorly worded, but this is just another build that is being tested internally by Motorola. It has been pulled off cheesecake like all of the other leaks. There's speculation that this will be the build that gets sent to soak testers soon given Motorola's chart showing a Q2 release, but that's just speculation at this point.

So, no soak test yet.