If you had to pick one ROM...

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
If this were my phone, I would not mind playing around as much. My DX is on the GB base of CM7 and happy with it so far.

But my girlfriend has the TB that I just rooted with some of your help in the other thread. Deleted bloat and stuff, but wanted to see what ROM might be best to make the phone even better.

There are a few things to consider when answering though...

1) She doesn't want to have to constantly fiddle with things. She wants it to just work, but be fast, smooth, stable and have some nice eye candy and useful features. Ease of use and flexibility, coupled with great performance is what she is after.

2) I don't want to have to constantly tend to it to keep it running. installing different radios, doing workarounds and all that stuff is not something I want to have to do. Doing all that, removes any benefit of having a ROM. It might be faster and have less bloat and all that, but if I have to keep messing with it to keep it running, it is counter-productive, you know?

So based on the above criteria, what would you recommend? Stock rooted GB with bloat removed and maybe GO Launcher or some alternate launcher app? Or a custom ROM, and if so, which one?

I saw my Quadrant score on my DX jump from 1,500 to 2,100 by going to CM7, and the system is much more responsive and smooth. She is looking for a similar experience, but without a lot of headaches, she will have very little patience for "issues"...

Your thoughts?

And I still cannot get her phone to go into Recovery Mode. I need to get her phone to boot to the bootloader, so that I can select recovery and then back things up, install a ROM from a .zip file and all that, but I cannot seem to be able to get her phone to boot to the bootloader. Power+Volume Down doesn't seem to work...

OP
SquireSCA

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
BAMF forever with imoseyon kernel 3.7.1

Sent from my quietly rooted HTC Thunderbolt

Easy to install? Don't have to mess with different radios or whatnot? Just reboot to recovery, flash it, wipe data and cache and go?

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
BAMF is stable but CM is still my choice for people .. everthing works fine..

if your worried about tweaking i would just debloat and let it be ..

rootzwiki or rom manager has CM may check to make sure your on latest radio . but not required,..

OP
SquireSCA

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
BAMF Cubed, she didn't like. Kindo slow and buggy. Switched to Gingeritis and she loves it so far.

I will say though, that none of the ROM's we tried gave the TB a boost in performance. My DX on the stock OS, was getting about 1500 in Quadrant, same as her TB. When I went to CM7, it jumped to 2,100 or so in Quadrant. Neither BAMF Cubed or Gingeritis changed her score at all. Doesn't the TB have a faster processor than the DX?

OP
SquireSCA

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
BAMF is stable but CM is still my choice for people .. everthing works fine..

if your worried about tweaking i would just debloat and let it be ..

rootzwiki or rom manager has CM may check to make sure your on latest radio . but not required,..

I cannot seem to find a download to the latest CM7 ROM for the TB. Got a link?

cruiseMain

Reaction score
I'm running the unofficial cm7.1 build overclocked to 1.3ghz its amazingly smooth and stable. I got it thru Rom Manager thru the dl rom section.

OP
SquireSCA

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm running the unofficial cm7.1 build overclocked to 1.3ghz its amazingly smooth and stable. I got it thru Rom Manager thru the dl rom section.

Anywhere to download directly, as she is using the free app, not purchased, so she doesn't have the ability to browse or install ROMs from the app?

I have been looking for the most recent version and cannot seem to find a direct download link.

cruiseMain

Reaction score
Anywhere to download directly, as she is using the free app, not purchased, so she doesn't have the ability to browse or install ROMs from the app?

I have been looking for the most recent version and cannot seem to find a direct download link.

Its free, i know because i have the free app lol. Go to ROM Manager>DL ROM>and then theres a list of ROMS that you can dl directly from the app. the only ones you gotta pay for are the CM nightlies.

MrKleen

Reaction score
You don't need rom manager to download or install roms. I only use it for the ease of making backups.

Go here and look through the list of roms, find what you want and download it. You can then install with rom manager if you want.

All roms are free and if you first download it to your SD card rom manager will install it. :)

Thunderbolt Developer Forum

Reaction score
I'm a Droid th3ory fanatic. I would suggest flashing any of his ROMs as they are the most stable, fastest and beautiful of any I've tried and I've tried allmost all of them.

Sent from my SHIFTAO5P using DroidForums

Last edited:

Mastrik

Reaction score
I'd like to check out Th3orys Roma but is appears his Thunderbolt work is dead and gone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums