If you're considering the X2, this is a must read!!!!

I'm glad to see some more positive feedback.

I've had mine for 11 days now and have been watching the boards and using mine as heavily as I can (for me anyway)..since the D3 came out, I've been wondering if I should exchange it due to the Omap processor vs Tegra.

So far I've had it reboot on me 2x, I had been switching between a lot of apps.. when it rebooted one time, I also had a notification of an update so all of the usage and the update might have triggered it.
I did have to pull the battery once when installing several apps and moving them to the media area. It's not acted up since. *knock on wood*

Other than that, so far, I've had good call quality.
No popping, I use the included task manager to auto end apps.
I have rebooted it myself a couple times just to force a clean shut down and start up.. seems like a good practice to do once in a while.

It's so much easier to find all the negative experiences because people are frustrated, it's rare to see positive reviews and it's a bit intimidating. So, I appreciate your taking the time to give your positive thoughts on the phone as well.

So far I like it, the screen is nice. I do like the samsung amoled plus better, but I can be happy with this one for a while.
My smart phone is my source of internet away from the office, so I appreciate the larger 4.3" screen.

I had the Omnia II super amoled (no plus) winmo phone 5mp camera, and so far, using the motoblur on here is not difficult, you get the 7 main screens for icons, plus you can switch between 2 other sets (weekend/work) for a total of 21 icon screens if you feel the need, it's snappy enough, pictures are good.

One thing I do wish it did that my Omnia did.. was auto mute when you flipped the phone over. So if it was ringing and you just placed it face down on the desk, it would auto switch to vibrate while it was face down. I've put a sound toggle on my home screen though to compensate.

I'm curious to see if it's processing gets even a little better whenever they roll out gingerbread.

Last edited:
That was my thought and unfortunately I couldn't put off adding another line any longer. I was trying!
But to get the unlimited data, I had to jump now.

The FFC (front face camera) really isn't anything to me.. I don't have any friends who do that.

On the positive side, my old phone is in use on the new line.. so once the Bionic and S2 finally show up, I've got time to see how they pan out before upgrading the other phone.

I upgraded from the OG-Droid (which i loved - (completely modded)) to the DX2, i have had it for about 10 days now. When i first opened it up, i immediatly didn't like the screen or moto blur. The screen just looks pixelated, photos and backgrounds looked grainy and lo res. and kinda washed out.

That being said, this phone is fast - really fast. I went back and forth on which phone to get, the Charge, Thunderbolt and the DX2. I don't need 4g, what i do need is something fast and reliable, i am a power user, i use my phone for dozens of things all day long. I took a gamble on the DX2 in the hopes the developers will pick up on it sooner or later. Worst cast scenario - it can be rooted for tether use and backed up with a SBF, that was my immediate concern. There were still too many issues with the Charge and Thunderbolt to gamble on them.

I am glad i went with the DX2, despite my first impressions. Root was a breeze, wi-fi works, albeit without access control, but it works...well.
the phone is a nice size, with a nice size screen, it is slim and light and feels sturdy and well build. Right out of the box it is fast and responsive. Yes there is a seconds lag when coming off the lock screen...meh

i did the supercharger script, and de-bloated by freezing the crap with Titanium. that was fairly easy as well. This thing regulary gets between 2,500 and 2,700 on Quadrant, it flies through the benchmark. I have used Launcher Pro and ADW in the past, i stuck with ADW, that was an improvement. Got everything the way i like my Droid. After a week or so of use, i am really starting to like it. I find myself using it even more than the OG Droid.

It has rebooted once, while on the car charger playing music. And yes it has skipped or popped a few times - and that was frustrating. But i think maybe it was because of the full charge notification going off while playing music. The skips also happened before i got the super charger script on it. So i have been running it for a few days with the script, and shut off the full charge notification, and haven't had an issue....yet

Browsers work great, internet is fast and responsive, i can easily pull up videos on OVGuide or Justin TV without any issue at all. Team Viewer works fast and flawlessly. Battery life seems great, compared to the OG Droid. I haven't gotten to fully benchmarking the battery yet, since it really hasn't been an issue.

i set the brightness from a fixed brightness (which was set out of the box) to automatic - and the screen looks much better. Games play amazing. Despite the one or two skips from the player, i can notice better quality sound - defiantly crisp, clear and clean. Everything seems to work well, i have tried all of the apps, no force closes, no lag, they run crisply and quickly.

i don't like the buttons on the bottom, i thought i would, coming from the
Droid, but the buttons are just too stiff, they require quite a push to get them to work. And yea i miss a camera button, but there is a script to make the search button a hard button, haven't tried it yet, but i might.

The Thunderbolt and Charge had issues with battery life, dropping 3g-4g coverage and GPS issues. I don't have ANY of that - at all. Those were all deal breakers for me. I am now glad to say i feel like i made a good chioce. I do believe the hardware is not the issue with this phone - and am hopefull that some software upgrades will make this an even better unit. Even if there are no software fixes, if my DX2 continues to perform the way it does right now, it will keep me quite happy for awhile.

Thank you for at least shining some light on this phone. I have had mine through the initial 48 hour "warm-up" period and I have had zero problems so far. Since then I have rooted and ran the supercharger script and put Launcher Pro Plus on it and it really makes me wow at the fact that phones can be this fast.

I am so glad I purchased the phone before coming here because the whole front page of posts is talking about people that are having major issues.

Cheers!

Try playing some music with any music player. Then tell me how much you like it. Try recording video and see how smooth it records, then tell me how much you like it. Run Pandora, then tell me how much you like it.

Thank you for at least shining some light on this phone. I have had mine through the initial 48 hour "warm-up" period and I have had zero problems so far. Since then I have rooted and ran the supercharger script and put Launcher Pro Plus on it and it really makes me wow at the fact that phones can be this fast.

I am so glad I purchased the phone before coming here because the whole front page of posts is talking about people that are having major issues.

Cheers!

Try playing some music with any music player. Then tell me how much you like it. Try recording video and see how smooth it records, then tell me how much you like it. Run Pandora, then tell me how much you like it.

I have done all of these, both on internal and external storage and guess what?? I've had no issues!! Stop complaining and call Verizon to get a replacement. Obviously some of the early phones had hardware/software issues, the newer ones are outstanding!!!

On a side note: There is more good news!

P3Droid tweeted this morning that we should be seeing an update and that the update should be Gingerbread 2.3.4

Cheers!

I have done all of these, both on internal and external storage and guess what?? I've had no issues!! Stop complaining and call Verizon to get a replacement. Obviously some of the early phones had hardware/software issues, the newer ones are outstanding!!!

On a side note: There is more good news!

P3Droid tweeted this morning that we should be seeing an update and that the update should be Gingerbread 2.3.4

When exactly are we supposed to be seeing an update? We knew we should be seeing an update when Verizon released the phone. We just don't know when.

gingerbread update

I checked the internet for anything about an upcoming Gingerbread update for us and I don't see anything new.

I don't see anything about any upcoming Gingerbread updates. Can you post a link so we can read about it?

There is nothing out there available yet other than P3Droid's tweet. But if you've been around the android world for any length of time, you know that when P3 tweets something like this, its to be taken seriously.

Given the fact that the community has just donated an X2 to him, I'm guessing that he's already got his hands on a leak and just needs to test it out before releasing it through TeamBlackHat.

If you didn't already know, TBH and P3Droid are responsible for most of the leaks that are out there. They just recently released a Gingerbread 2.3.4 leak for the Droid Charge.

Also, just so you know, taking OTA updates through Verizon is usually a bad idea.

Example: The recent Droid X Gingerbread update. Everyone that took the OTA lost root and there are MANY issues with the update itself. Many of those individuals aren't able to SBF back to froyo and are stuck with a buggy piece of crap phone. The OTA still hasn't been rooted to my knowledge and the only way to get a rooted OTA is to install the 2 part zip from none other than TeamBlackHat.

I honestly don't see any wrong with the Droid X². Only real compliants is no 4G and looks virtually the same. Used one for a few hours and its really nice. Lots of people love the DX - the second generation DX only brings great stuff to the table. Very underrated device for such ridiculous reasons.

Sent from my ThunderBolt

My best bud just copped the X2, its pretty awesome, but not enough better than a DX to recommend it to people who already have DX.

If it was an iPhone and it came out with NOTHING except the processor changed many people here would be RAGGING it endlessly. iP4 added alot more to iP3 than DX2 did to DX. Jus' Saying!

Yep the iphone crowd would be pissed if there weren't significant changes between generations. You also have to consider the fact that Moto has more phones on the current lineup than there are iPhone generations. So there is going to be an increased frequency of incremental updates.

Stay tuned though, because I really don't think iPhone 5 is gonna be all that different from the previous model. There just isnt that much you can do with it.

Also, I think that just about every review I've read or watched says specifically if you're coming from a droid x, the X2 is not worth wasting your upgrade.

Got my dx2 last friday. Coming from the og DROID. Love it. No probs at all that aren't launcher pro issues. Super fast. Love the big screen. I give it a thumbs up.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I appreciate your post. Also have seen all the negative feedback about the X2, but I decided to just look at the specs on my carrier's website. With my carrier, Verizon, I narrowed my choices down to the Droid X2 or the iPhone 4G, and I liked the X2 better, both holding in store and playing with it and comparing specs side by side with iPhone 4G. VERY glad I decided to go with the X2, only real issue I've had so far is setting wallpaper, which between this forum and just adjusting settings, I think <knocks on wood> I have finally sorted out. I'm sure I'll run into problems down the road, only had my droid for about a week, but that is what tech support, the *228, and forums like these are for. Had I believed everything I've read about the X2 off forums, would have probably went with iPhone 4G and been unhappy with it, as I know a lot of people that have them and they are constantly having problems. Plus the specs, overall look, Motorola brand, and the tons of free or very cheap apps (as opposed to the 4G's costly and monthly subscription apps) reaffirm for me that I picked the right phone for me. Looked at some of the other Droid models, but decided to go with X2 because of mainly specs and I did not want a slide-out keyboard (having two year contract, was bound to wear out), and I'm glad I did. Looking forward to posting replies, maybe even answering questions for those that have had same issues I've had, which mainly stemmed from me not understanding the settings. And I'm sure I'll be posting questions I have in the future, and hopefully getting help from other, more experienced, forum posters. But, again thanks for putting a positive feedback thread on Droid X2, so many people want to talk smack about them.:blackdroid:

So I've had my X2 for quite some time now, and i have to take back all the negative comments I have posted about the X2. After the Gingerbread update, my phone runs great. I use Slacker all the time and it runs stutter free. I also use Google music player a lot and that also runs flawlessly. I love the X2 and am very impressed with it. dancedroid

My friend had a droid and went to a DX2. And had nothing but trouble with it.. I witness it several times myself. After 4 times to the store to complain they sent her a d3 and no problems at all with it..
The DX2 was struggling to play music. Video was acting up and alarm clock was screwy..

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

What is the differance between the two? And how do you "format internal memory"?

-Formatted internal memory
-Swapped out Class 4 SD card with a Class 6 card ($15 from amazon)
-Formatted SD card

Back