Im done! I hate the 2.1 update on the eris! Moving to Moto Droid

michael123

Reaction score
Im done guys, i loved my eris pre 2.1, now i absolutly hate it, it has horrible reaction speed, locks and out of no where and have to reboot, gets suppppper hot when taking, and now google yea GOOGLE doesnt even work on my browser, yea i have navigation but i would trade that for my old eris in a heartbeat. Moderator Edit....Keep It Family Friendly!!!!

moving to the moto droid, it will be here on Monday.. i loved HTC but they didnt take care of eris like they should with the update.

sorry :droideris:, hello :motdroidvert:!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

RCFlyn

Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing the same thing...
My 1.5 would only SOMETIMES Recieve Pics messages, more often than Not, it wouldn't. I talked to verizon, they said it was programing problems, it's being fixed.
The update came, My phone went NUTS... NOTHING would work, except calls, and texts. BUT, I DID Get my Pix messages. Took it to local verizon, they decided to replace it with new phone w/1.5 on it. The new phone would recieve Pix messages... I was happier than a Pig in Chit...
2 days ago, phone stoped recieving PIX messages again. Has little "Download" button. Click it, Nothin happens...
Yesterday, I sent several PIX messages, but NOBODY recieved them... I'm TIRED of it... I think I'm going BACK to Verizon tomorrow, and MAKE them upgrade me to the MOTO Droid..

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I rooted my wife's eris and installed a nice overclocked rom that works great. If I decide to get a Shadow or Droid2 though, she has already claimed my Droid because it is "so fast, has a keyboard, the screen is nicer, and you have so many cool things that you do to it"

Lol

gutsploder

Reaction score
craptastic update...

mine turned into a gitchy, sluggish P.O.S. too. its too bad, really. I loved this phone... now I just want to smash it.. It kinda took on a mind of its own after 2.1... now the phone decides what its gonna do, not me.. pisses me off...

OP
M

michael123

Reaction score
mine turned into a gitchy, sluggish P.O.S. too. its too bad, really. I loved this phone... now I just want to smash it.. It kinda took on a mind of its own after 2.1... now the phone decides what its gonna do, not me.. pisses me off...

its crazy, i cant wait until monday. I hate using this phone now, i cant even dial a number anymore, it lags so bad that by the time the phone reacts to what phone number i wanted to call its too late. :icon_evil:eris update

wyzzerdd

Reaction score
I run Ivan 0.8t rom and it kicks ass, there are other options available...

Last edited:

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Wow seems a lot of people hate 2.1, i will have to ask my neighbor if she is having problems with 2.1 on her Eris.

namu1107

Reaction score
Did you guys do a factory reset after the OTA was installed?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Yes. I agree you should do a factory data reset all of you that are experiencing problems with 2.1. That will clean everything up for you.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow seems a lot of people hate 2.1, i will have to ask my neighbor if she is having problems with 2.1 on her Eris.

this is why companies should never upgrade their phones, and just stick with 1.5/1.6

:icon_eek:

Dallasguy7

Reaction score
I also agree with the factory reset after update.
It cleaned up all the little problems effectively for mine and my wife's phone.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Or just root and install a ROM! I actually rooted and just installed the latest official 2.1 leak and then overclocked and deleted BS apps that my wife doesn't use. Then put LauncherPro on top of that.

LP makes it faster, overclocking smooths everything out, and it still seems stock because it isn't a full rom.

Machines

Reaction score

Can you define a 'factory reset' for us Droid newbies? What does it entail? What do I lose when I do it? How do I do it? My Eris has been a mess since the update as well.