Incoming call problems between Droid X and 3 Series BMW.

sagabobo

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with connecting their Droid X to their 3 Series? I have a 2007 328xi and almost everything is working great through the handsfree (phonebook, outgoing calls, etc) except that when an incoming phone call comes in, I have to answer on my phone before it will connect via Bluetooth. With my old Blackberry, I could answer phone calls via the steering wheel.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I don't want to have to always keep my phone out just to answer calls in the car.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jon Vito

Reaction score
i would suggest getting a new car...

obviously your Droid X doesnt like it

on a serious note...im seriously bored right now and still waiting to get my Droid X in the mail, so i did some research for you...

according to the BMW USA website it states "While many phones are offered with Bluetooth® Wireless Technology, not all phones support the necessary profiles to work with your BMW. BMW does not guarantee availability or functionality with all wireless carriers. Functions such as synchronizing the address book and transferring a call into or out of the vehicle may function differently from phone to phone."

and below that is a list of the mobile phones it currently supports...the orignal droid is there but the X is not

maybe an update from either end will fix it, but its new technology trying to pair with older technology so theres obviously some issue

heres the website if you want to look at it yourself... BMW North America