Installation Problem

Righi19

Reaction score
I had a droid eris that was rooted and I put new ROM on it all the time and never had a problem. I am trying to install this ROM on my bionic and it won't work. I am using a Mac, and am following all of the instructions perfectly about what to wipe etc. before you install the zip. When I select the zip to install it says opening package, installing package, and then installation aborted. After I try many times and it keeps failing I tell my phone to reboot now and it gets locked up on the dual core screen. This has gotten me very good at unbricking my phone with the one click program. I have redownloaded the ROM file and repeated the process but every time is says installation aborted. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? Thanks.

THAWARRIOR10

Reaction score
check the name of the file because sometimes it'll change the file extension to .zip.zip when it should just be .zip.

foamman

Reaction score
Are you having problems rooting or installing the rom? Once rooted you don't need the computer. Just download the rom onto your phone, move it to your external sdcard, boot into recovery, backup, wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, format system and install rom from sdcard. If you are having issues rooting that's a different story.

OP
R

Righi19

Reaction score
The file is not labeled .zip.zip. My phone is rooted and I have no problem doing that. When I go into clockwork recovery and follow all of the steps and select the zip for the rom it doesn't work, it says installation aborted.

OP
R

Righi19

Reaction score
Downloaded the ROM again and followed the exact same steps and it works this time. Thank you for the responses.