Inverted Calendar

OP
GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid

I've updated the OP with attached update zip files for unthemed and blue-themed inverted Calendar options, both with snead's text fix.

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
In one of them I added in a textColor for white, the other I just removed the Inverse from the textAppearance...

OP
GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid

ok...dumb question...but what should I be looking for to delete in order to install this...

Running sourcery 1.1

If your current calendar is called Calendar.apk in /system/app, then you don't need to delete anything -- the update zip will replace it. However, it's named CalendarGoogle.apk in /system/app, you need to delete it or rename it to Calendar.apk before applying the update zip from recovery.

It's always a good idea to make a nandroid backup before you install!

motoconvert

If your current calendar is called Calendar.apk in /system/app, then you don't need to delete anything -- the update zip will replace it. However, it's named CalendarGoogle.apk in /system/app, you need to delete it or rename it to Calendar.apk before applying the update zip from recovery.

It's always a good idea to make a nandroid backup before you install!

Thank you very much!!

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
okay, I got the inverted calendar working but there is a giant orange bar covering the top? Is that coming from my framework?

I have no idea where the giant orange bar is coming from, but I tested both of the posted calendars and I don't have it. The top of mine looks like the posted pics in the OP of the Inverted Calendar thread, on both the unthemed and themed versions.

same issue of sorts... i get my png showing for USB Connected, Storage Mode off. Also, according to the name of the zip, it's supposed to be inverted, blue themed, not red themed :(

snap20110109_015032.png

OP
GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid

same issue of sorts... i get my png showing for USB Connected, Storage Mode off. Also, according to the name of the zip, it's supposed to be inverted, blue themed, not red themed :(

I have absolutely no idea why that png is showing on yours, as I'm not having that issue with either version. With to the second zip file, as I said in the OP, it's exactly the same as the unthemed version, just with some blue accents (only the png files, for highlighting and such). I didn't change any of the text colors at all. The red on the sides just denotes the weekend days, and that's from the original.

microsnook

Ok, well I pushed it using adb and now its not working.

I am on the droid 2 if it makes a difference?

Help!

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
okay, I got the inverted calendar working but there is a giant orange bar covering the top? Is that coming from my framework?

I have no idea where the giant orange bar is coming from, but I tested both of the posted calendars and I don't have it. The top of mine looks like the posted pics in the OP of the Inverted Calendar thread, on both the unthemed and themed versions.

snap20110109_015032.png

this happens when your framework is built from one source and and then calendar built from another, you get id errors! not fun to fix

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Ok, thanks! Guess I'll pick GLDs brain on theming it...

GLD, was your theming all PNGs and xml edits? Or did you have to dig in the smalis?

Sent from 1885

OP
GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid

Ok, thanks! Guess I'll pick GLDs brain on theming it...

GLD, was your theming all PNGs and xml edits? Or did you have to dig in the smalis?

Sent from 1885

Stetsonaw, I didn't do a thing, other than take the calendar that had been inverted by someone else (I think it was thebowers, but I'm not sure) and fixed by Ecsnead69 (he fixed a black-on-black text issue and I'm 99.99% sure he changed one or 2 xmls to do that), and change out some pngs on the one labeled blue but not on the unthemed. Then I optipnged and zipaligned both before posting. I didn't even change any of the xmls.

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Ah, bad part is I know you told me that already! Thanks for beating it in my head again, lol!

Sent from 1885

OP
GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid

this happens when your framework is built from one source and and then calendar built from another, you get id errors! not fun to fix

Wow, here's the weird thing: I've used this calendar on a bunch of different ROMs, using different source, and I've never seen that png weirdness. I wonder why?