Is anyone else...

kenji91

Reaction score
...just counting down the hours/minutes/seconds until the JB kernel-based release of JB ROMs? I'm dying over here! :biggrin:

ws6formula350

Reaction score
This is the only thing holding me over until the new JB kexec CM builds.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2183592

Sent from my DROID 4 using Tapatalk 2

Just got this installed...restoring apps now, thanks for the link! Keyboard lights work after pushing the framework patch and everything seems to work great except for a few mismapped keys. Csmera flash and hwcomposer too.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

OP
K

kenji91

Reaction score
How soon do you guys think before the official JB is released? I'd like to use the RAZR JB via kexec but I don't want to bother if D4 JB is being released say, tonight. :D

GigaJake

Reaction score
The time being the soak release and the official ota on the RAZR was very quick, about a day.

That being said, no test builds have been released for the droid 4 yet, so I wouldn't start the countdown until anything drops.

I installed the RAZR kexec a few days ago to prep myself for transitioning back to Motoblur.

Be sure to check out my Jellybean thread in the General section periodically. As soon as anything is released I'll keep things up to date.

OP
K

kenji91

Reaction score
I tried to update the framework-res.apk as instructed but was informed by safestrap that no OS was installed. So I restored again and it's running fine, but I can't tell what the framework-res.apk did.

Also - it tells me there's a software upgrade. Should I download that?

GigaJake

Reaction score
Did you mount the system when you tried to update the framework? The updated framework has to do with our physical keyboard, but the ROM will still work regardless, I just don't know how well the keyboard will.

And I got that upgrade too, it's for the RAZR though. Might be a patch after the ota, but definitely not something you want to mess with on the D4

OP
K

kenji91

Reaction score
I thought I had mounted the system. I went to the Mount option in safestrap and had System checked. I was able to send the commands with adb, but when I went to reboot it said that I had no OS installed. I'll try it again.

GigaJake

Reaction score
I had a clean slot 1 and restored the backup folder. It isn't a flashable zip if that's what you tried. You have to unzip it and place the backup folder in /TWRP/backups/

OP
K

kenji91

Reaction score
It's working for me now, but I still haven't tried the framework update...

ws6formula350

Reaction score
If you go back through the thread on XDA, there's a step by step to pushing the framework-res thru terminal emulator...that's how I did it on mine.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

GigaJake

Reaction score
Hash has a CM10.1 build with Jellybean Kexec up anyways. I didn't skip a beat to switch to that instead of Motoblur.

GigaJake

Reaction score
Yes. If you actually use the keyboard and slide it closed, the light will remain off until the hardware backlight goes off and then back on.

That's something I've always admired Liquid for, I wish the other roms had a proper backlight. Better than nothing I suppose.