Is it just me, or does gingerbread suck?

jman8526

Reaction score
So I've flashed my D2 back to 2.3 twice because I figured I just glitched or something. I'm loving the UI, and all, but my phone is resetting itself at least TWICE per day, and I can't access my phone's gallery. I go to look at pictures, and the thing actually force closes, without any force close alert. I also have the blink light going off anytime I make a phone call, and the soft keys will not go out after I put my phone on the dock.

Is anyone else having similar problems? Is it maybe a bad root job?

louy99

Reaction score
Was glitchy on my phone. Went back to froyo, like it better

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

cmunny

Reaction score
Mine was doing the same thing had to get off of it. Gb by itself is just messed up it seems.

OP
J

jman8526

Reaction score
Hard reset? As in restore factory defaults? I've never been 100% on the phrasing for that. I love gingerbread. It's just too unstable as is.

OP
J

jman8526

Reaction score
Duly noted. Trying now.

slowtype

Reaction score
GB is buggy on this phone. Froyo was buggy too. GB might be more buggy.

Factory reset did not help mine.

I lost some WIFI connectivity with this update.

demiles

Reaction score
The only problem I have had with GB was app related. I had a few that were causing reboots. Mine is very stable stock with MXHome launcher.

OP
J

jman8526

Reaction score
Yeah, I had a ton of bugs with Froyo. Gb isn't really more stable, but it's unstable in less frustrating ways. Seems like the D2 is just a buggy phone.

Vortec6

Reaction score
Mine resets after gb too, along with a few other problems. Heard they stopped/delayed the first gb release b/c of problems, and it comes out finally and still has issues! The y even unrooted my phone somehow ota to give me the update! Craziness!

R

RETG

GB has sucked big time on my X since day one. That is why, chances are I will never own anothe Motorola phone. Moto has totally ignored the X customer and left us swinging. So, they don't want my business, they won't get it.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
GB has sucked big time on my X since day one. That is why, chances are I will never own anothe Motorola phone. Moto has totally ignored the X customer and left us swinging. So, they don't want my business, they won't get it.

That's exactly the way I feel. My girlfriend, who owns a Fascinate, is always asking why I'm "hacking my phone." When I tell her it's virtually useless unless I do so, she laughs and asks why. Unless you're a Motorola user, you really don't understand how frustratingly slow their stock firmware actually is.

juv3

Reaction score
GB is working 100% on my phone, its faster and luv the way it manages apps... better battery life

Sent from Droid2 Global GB.607 Using Tapatalk

Vortec6

Reaction score
GB is working 100% on my phone, its faster and luv the way it manages apps... better battery life

Prolly cuz you have the global... I wish I had one.

juv3

Reaction score
report it lost... pay 100$ difference ull get it

sginn24

Reaction score
I HATE it. It has made my DROID 2 experience horrible. Youtube now sucks, screen freezes alot, keyboard sucks, etc. Im switching to the new phone next month.

Sent from my DROID2