Is there any way to restore my contacts from Titanium Backup?

jackwithoutabox

Reaction score
I tried to restore the data from the Contacts and Contact Storage apps and got an error message that said acore has stopped. I wiped it and now I don't know what to do next. I'm running Cyanogenmod 10 on the AT&T Galaxy S III

ShadowUlcer

Reaction score
Your contacts should be backed up to your Google account. So that shouldn't be a problem really, just link the two.

brbal

Reaction score
I have had the same problem. My backup assist will not work for some reason, so I have to keep stock Rom if I want to keep contacts. Never had a problem with backup assist on LG revolution. Anyone else have this problem or solutions?

topdowntimmyT

Reaction score
easiest app to restore contacts is Super Backup and Restore. you can backup everything apps, contacts, calendar, messages etc. However if your flashing roms check out this easy way. Before installing new rom in CWM recovery do a backup of current rom. now go through your flash process. then before exiting cwm recovery go into restore, advanced restore and select the backup you just did then select restore data only. then reboot your phone when its done. check that out. every app, every setting you had on your last phone is done. you don't even need to go through the setup process as youre already logged into gmail. makes changing roms a breeze!

brbal

Reaction score
i tried the method you suggested, couldnt get it to work. long story short, i messed up somehow and cant restore any of my back ups now. keep geeting a md5 "i think,"mismatch error. any suggestions? i cant get back to stock to see my contacts at all now :(

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
easiest app to restore contacts is Super Backup and Restore. you can backup everything apps, contacts, calendar, messages etc. However if your flashing roms check out this easy way. Before installing new rom in CWM recovery do a backup of current rom. now go through your flash process. then before exiting cwm recovery go into restore, advanced restore and select the backup you just did then select restore data only. then reboot your phone when its done. check that out. every app, every setting you had on your last phone is done. you don't even need to go through the setup process as youre already logged into gmail. makes changing roms a breeze!

I thought restoring system data from one ROM to another could send phone to boot loop hell...?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

topdowntimmyT

Reaction score
Not data. I've personally done it a ton of times! However I've only done it jellybean to jellybean. Never tried ics to jellybean or the other way around.

verizon galaxy s3 runnin beans rom 5.0.

topdowntimmyT

Reaction score
i tried the method you suggested, couldnt get it to work. long story short, i messed up somehow and cant restore any of my back ups now. keep geeting a md5 "i think,"mismatch error. any suggestions? i cant get back to stock to see my contacts at all now :(

This is in the Galaxy S3 Forum. I have never done the restore data on an LG revolution. I do it when I switch roms on my Verizon S3. As for the error you're getting i'm not sure. Can you flash a rom at all? not one of your backups...

topdowntimmyT

Reaction score
Just to be clear. This works on my Verizon S3. I believe I was taught by someone on AT&T s3 how to do this. I have no clue if it will work for any other versions or any other phone. I don't see why it wouldn't if done correctly. Do a backup right before you install a rom(should be a norm anyway) then go through your flash process(wipes and format system, flash rom) then go to restore, advanced restore, data only. it will do it's thing and then you reboot the phone. works like a charm everytime for me. again on my verizon galaxy s3.

WestOkid

Reaction score
I'm completely confused by this thread. Why all the tools when contact information backup is essentially native to android via Gmail account? I have had several phones and I never use backup assist or anything else; never lost contact info. The tools being discussed are tied to the phone, carrier, sd card, whatever... Gmail is in the cloud. Not trying to be funny, but why would anyone use tools to backup contacts?

Sent from my SGS3 using Tapatalk 2

topdowntimmyT

Reaction score
Personal choice. I hate gmail backing up my contacts. Never use gmail backup for anything. Its confusing and i always seemed to lose contacts. So when I switch roms like crazy its just easier to have them in one place.

brbal

Reaction score
I've never had to worry with contacts either till now. For some reason backup assist "Google cloud" is not working on my phone. But now I'm stuck with a jellybean ROM because I can't restore my stock ROM. I'm getting an error in saying my stock rom backup is a mismatch but I know its not a problem with the backup file. I believe it says md5 mismatch, but I would have to wipe data and try to flash stock ROM again to make 100% sure its md5 that's mismatched. Any suggestions anyone?

topdowntimmyT

Reaction score
I've never had to worry with contacts either till now. For some reason backup assist "Google cloud" is not working on my phone. But now I'm stuck with a jellybean ROM because I can't restore my stock ROM. I'm getting an error in saying my stock rom backup is a mismatch but I know its not a problem with the backup file. I believe it says md5 mismatch, but I would have to wipe data and try to flash stock ROM again to make 100% sure its md5 that's mismatched. Any suggestions anyone?

Ur account info says ur using an lg revolution? Are u really using an s3? I ask cuz this thread is in the s3 forums. I got the same error ur getting but only when I flashed a jb rom and tried to go back to my stock ics image. Not sure if they are related but just an idea.

brbal

Reaction score
Yea I have the s3, the revo was my last phone. I don't mind the jelly bean ROM, I just want to go back to my backup ROM again like I've done 10 times before to save my contacts lol

brbal

Reaction score
This is in the Galaxy S3 Forum. I have never done the restore data on an LG revolution. I do it when I switch roms on my Verizon S3. As for the error you're getting i'm not sure. Can you flash a rom at all? not one of your backups...

i have the samsung s 3. lg revolution is my old phone