I've Rooted my Droid 2....now what?

Rufus65

Reaction score
i just successfully rooted my droid 2 for the main purpose of having free wifi tethering, which currently for me isnt working properly right now. But i have been looking around the interwebs and i see nothing else to do with a newly rooted droid device. So i have 2 questions to ask the droid 2 rooted forum users:

1] What's the best app currently that is used for a rooted droid 2 wifi tethering?

2] What other awesome stuff can i do with a rooted droid 2 besides wifi tethering?

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
1] I used Wireless Tether and it wouldn't work on my D2, Barnacle did though!

2] I liked the idea of rooting so I could "freeze" those unwanted apps preloaded on the phone. Also change the theme, overclocking with the new D2/DX app, ability to take screenshots and share my mods. I'm sure others will chime in and include many more features only available with root.

Reaction score
Are you using Wireless Tether from the Android Market?

go get SetCPU, i use it when i want to give my phone a speed boost for a short period of time, ill set it to 1GHz and it stays there without going under that.

OP
R

Rufus65

Reaction score
I do have and currently use wireless tether.

What's the point to overclocking the droid? I never did understand why that was big news

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
I do have and currently use wireless tether.

What's the point to overclocking the droid? I never did understand why that was big news

Its like supercharging a car engine, the processor in the phone would be that engine.

OP
R

Rufus65

Reaction score
Sweet, is their a free version of setCPU, I have to cut back on my app spending at the moment...

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No free version that I know of. Theming and roming is a good thing to look in to now that you're rooted. I'm not currently running any rom but I do use 928 droid black glass and its tops.

Also screenshot apps like shootme and drocap are a must.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

canvs2321

Reaction score
is the droid 2 nand unlocked? meaning you can change files in /system when booted? If so I know what you need for you rooted device :p, if not, pretend theres no words here. haha