Just got my DX, but it is stuck at

msu

the M logo..???? I have taken the battery out like 3 times and rebooted it and it keeps on booting to the M logo and just sitting there. Is this DX junk or am I doing something wrong?

After awhile, the screen will shut off.

I did plug it in for a little while and it did load some drivers or something on to my computer.

Oh, I did stick my msd card in from my D2 right off the bat. Changed it back out to the original, put battery back in, plugged usb up (incase the batt. is dead) and powered up. M logo, got the vibrate and then nothing, just sits at the logo!!???
Man if thing is toast I will be pissed since I'm leaving town tomorrow.

Last edited:

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
FIRST: have/did you root it? If so that might be the problem.

SECOND:Did you buy it new from Verizon or best buy?
If so take it back and show them. They should warrenty it. Asking as you haven't tried rooted it.
If you bought it used from a third party your sol.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

pcandroid

Same thing happened to my first X I was super pissed. Had to take it a verizon store and they gave me a new phone.

Try this.

1. Turn the phone off.
2. Hold the Power and Home buttons down for about 5 seconds.
3. A screen with an exclamation will appear. Tap the Search key.
4. Confirm the selection.
5. Select Yes — delete all user data then tap OK.

OP
msu

msu

Did a lot of that. No it wasn't rooted. Just got it. I left, went to store and when I got there, he pulled battery and guess what, it booted up!!!! LOL But, I said try it again, I want to see it again. Then it would not. So they gave me a new phone. All is good now. That was a first for me though.

Now I just have to get use to this huge screen!! :)

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
I'm glad every thing worked out. I really like the huge screen on the x.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
msu

msu

I really like it so far. I'm still trying to get use to the width of the phone though. I like the menu buttons on the Droid 2 Global better.
I am having some flake outs and Force closing on some things. I'm sitting here now debating about rooting it.