Just traded my Nexus For the Rezound

samiusmc

Reaction score
Hey guys. I just got rid of my GNex and got the Rezound. I couldn't be happier with it. While the Nexus is a nice phone, it had too many problems. I went through two of them and they both had the same Data/4G issues as well as GPS lock issues.

The Rezound is awesome and I haven't found a thing about it I don't like.

I look forward to sharing some tips and tricks with you all.

Sent from my HTC Rezound

STINGER

Reaction score
Got one too ............... wife got Gnex and I got Rezound .............. my battery sux .............. the bloatware sux ............... other than that I like it better than her Gnex ............. got a Otter Defender for it that will be going back .............. way too huge ............ still searching for a good case and an extended battery and then I am set

motorsports

Reaction score
Got mine last week also and couldn't be any happier with it.

Sent from my HTC REZOUND using DroidForums

cp24eva

Reaction score
This seems to be the trend that folks are giving up their Gnex for a Rezound. Glad to have you guys in the forums. I was reading today that while HTC revenue has dropped 25 percent, Samung revenue is at an all time high thanks in part to the Galaxy S2 and the Nexus. HTC has changed their future plans to provide less models of phone for more stability and focus. So with those words we may be able to breathe easy when it comes to updates. We've yet to get the first one, but it's not like we REALLY need it just yet.

OP
samiusmc

samiusmc

Reaction score
Got one too ............... wife got Gnex and I got Rezound .............. my battery sux .............. the bloatware sux ............... other than that I like it better than her Gnex ............. got a Otter Defender for it that will be going back .............. way too huge ............ still searching for a good case and an extended battery and then I am set

There's a lot of bloatware. I was worried that it and Sense would slow the phone down but IMO, the Rezound runs smoother than the Nexus. I was going to root it and get rid of the bloatware but it's running fine as is. Also, when we get ICS, there's a feature there that allows you to disable bloatware apps. As far as the battery is concerned, it's comparable to the Nexus. All the 4G phones are battery hogs.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
There's a lot of bloatware. I was worried that it and Sense would slow the phone down but IMO, the Rezound runs smoother than the Nexus. I was going to root it and get rid of the bloatware but it's running fine as is. Also, when we get ICS, there's a feature there that allows you to disable bloatware apps. As far as the battery is concerned, it's comparable to the Nexus. All the 4G phones are battery hogs.

Depending on whether or not HTC decides to put this feature into their Sense ICS skin, the Rezound may or may not get it. I sure hope they do for Rezound owners sake though, it is definitely a really great feature.

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
LOL..i see a lot of former gnex owners come to the rezound. I am too thinking of getting the rezound instead of the Gnex.

Last edited:

hydro556

Reaction score
Hopefully Google will fix all the issues with the GNex, but given that Jan 15th is fast approaching, I am losing confidence, and growing frustrated that Google/Sammy released a top end device with such bush league problems.

Just not a good move. Unless there is strong commitment from the mfg's by the end of next week, to roll out a comprehensive OTA that addresses the major issues, I am going to go ahead and exchange.

I think the GNex should end up a good device, but it will never have shipped like I think it should have. I just want the best device available, overall. I was convinced that GNex would be that, but am rapidly losing that confidence.

I will decide next week which phone I will be using the next 2 yrs. I came from an Incredible which was a great phone, and still is for that matter. So, I have a lot of trust in HTC already.

mjh68

Reaction score
Hopefully Google will fix all the issues with the GNex, but given that Jan 15th is fast approaching, I am losing confidence, and growing frustrated that Google/Sammy released a top end device with such bush league problems. Just not a good move. Unless there is strong commitment from the mfg's by the end of next week, to roll out a comprehensive OTA that addresses the major issues, I am going to go ahead and exchange. I think the GNex should end up a good device, but it will never have shipped like I think it should have. I just want the best device available, overall. I was convinced that GNex would be that, but am rapidly losing that confidence. I will decide next week which phone I will be using the next 2 yrs. I came from an Incredible which was a great phone, and still is for that matter. So, I have a lot of trust in HTC already.
I had the same decision, my contract was up and I had been waiting for the GNex and it seemed like fate that it was released within a week of my contract. I waited to read some reviews and went to the store and looked at the demo units. Started reading about the issues especially with the reception and connectivity issues with the Gnex, so I grabbed the Rezound . Figured I would hear within my 30 days that the issues were fixed and I would trade in for a Gnex. Well, only have about a week left and I am definately keeping the Rezound. Now, with It being unlocked I can satisfy my flashing needs and still have a reliable phone .

KOBALT

Reaction score
I just swapped my Bionic for a Rezound. Loving it!

Sent from my Rezound

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Took mine back, and the rep acted like he didn't understand why I was doing it, and asked me why....said ICS is better blah blah blah. I'd like to say they are just trying to understand the customer so they can make better recs to other customers, but of course VZW reps have never inspired such an opinion. So my guess is VZW is seeing A LOT of returns swapping for the Rezound (especially if this board is any indication).

First time I've played with an HTC phone and Sense doesn't bother me. I like their choices of widgets - OMG a COMBINED exchange/gmail widget who could have thought of that?!? Granted I'll run my own home launcher and perhaps obliterate Sense with a custom rom at some point, but I feel like this was a good choice.

I'm still a bit leery of what happens with ICS and capacitative buttons, but enough "newer" phones have them that Google will have to get things to play nice. Again I'll go back to the fact that with a protective case, the software buttons become "recessed" with the screen, and that's a fail for easy and consistent pressing.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
. Now, with It being unlocked I can satisfy my flashing needs and still have a reliable phone .

Yeah, my sales rep made the point about ICS and the Nexus getting the latest updates. I just bit my tongue, nodded and said "oh well, not a huge deal to me".

OP
samiusmc

samiusmc

Reaction score
Took mine back, and the rep acted like he didn't understand why I was doing it, and asked me why....said ICS is better blah blah blah. I'd like to say they are just trying to understand the customer so they can make better recs to other customers, but of course VZW reps have never inspired such an opinion. So my guess is VZW is seeing A LOT of returns swapping for the Rezound (especially if this board is any indication).

First time I've played with an HTC phone and Sense doesn't bother me. I like their choices of widgets - OMG a COMBINED exchange/gmail widget who could have thought of that?!? Granted I'll run my own home launcher and perhaps obliterate Sense with a custom rom at some point, but I feel like this was a good choice.

I'm still a bit leery of what happens with ICS and capacitative buttons, but enough "newer" phones have them that Google will have to get things to play nice. Again I'll go back to the fact that with a protective case, the software buttons become "recessed" with the screen, and that's a fail for easy and consistent pressing.

I came from the OG Droid and never had an HTC phone. I thought Sense would slow it down but it runs smoother than the Nexus. IMO. I'm starting to like Sense. They put a lot of thought into it and it looks great.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hopefully Google will fix all the issues with the GNex, but given that Jan 15th is fast approaching, I am losing confidence, and growing frustrated that Google/Sammy released a top end device with such bush league problems.

Just not a good move. Unless there is strong commitment from the mfg's by the end of next week, to roll out a comprehensive OTA that addresses the major issues, I am going to go ahead and exchange.

I think the GNex should end up a good device, but it will never have shipped like I think it should have. I just want the best device available, overall. I was convinced that GNex would be that, but am rapidly losing that confidence.

I will decide next week which phone I will be using the next 2 yrs. I came from an Incredible which was a great phone, and still is for that matter. So, I have a lot of trust in HTC already.

My biggest issue with the nexus is the signal reception. When you compare the gnexus to rezound on a speed test the nexus is actually doing better. BUT the peoblem is that is if the galaxy nexus is able stay on lte. I would rather be a slight but slower in numbers and atleast be consistent rather than having off the chart numbers but fading in and out with reception. I am waiting of the ota but if the ota does not fix the reception or if it does not get here by time my 15 days are up I will have no choice but to exchange it.